OT. OK All You Junk Science Worshipers

Page 2 of 5
Uncle Buck wrote:

Carbon dioxide is a natural byproduct of many natural processes , man is one of the lesser sources - termites make more ! . But mercury , that didn't get into the water "naturally" . You must be a well-programmed liberal drone to even attempt to link the two .
--
Snag

Actually, Mercury does "get into the water "naturally"".

Our natural environment is quite toxic, that's why we evolved a liver. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 14:33:55 -0600, The Daring Dufas

No, the liver is for moon shine. The kidneys are for beer.

On Friday, January 24, 2014 4:43:15 PM UTC-8, Terry Coombs wrote:

Yep. Heating with wood is carbon neutral in the long run as all wood will _eventually_ rot and release its carbon. In the short term? Not so much. I have been heating with wood since 1976 and over that time all the trees I have burned would not have rotted if left alone.
Harry K
On 1/25/2014 12:16 PM, Harry K wrote:

Depending on the type of tree, I presume? I grew up in a Forrest and small trees were gone rather quickly. Tasty things for the insects and such.
On 1/24/2014 6:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Starve the plants and plankton to save the planet! ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's been below freezing here everyday for the past week. Currently it is 8° F (13 C). Wait til the 'snowbirds' come back from Florida and find the pipes in their houses have burst. Leaving the thermostat set at 50° won't help with pipes in outside walls. That insulation works both ways.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Ooops. That should be (-13 C)

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/24/2014 9:49 AM, willshak wrote:

Does wind chill affect how fast the pipes freeze? I mean, wind chill like today sure feels colder. I had a service call, and took a long time for the truck to heat up. I stopped to fuel up, and it was some kind of serious cold. When I finish eating this bowl of microwave popcorn, I'm going to cut and staple up some more cardboard on the walls. Aluminum edge of the back door going to get covered.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Look, I know you think Alabamastan is the entire world, but it isn't. Even though the annual average global temperature has been quite near a local maximum for several years, the result of that is more unstable weather patterns, hence in this year's cold winter.
Why would you expect the temperature in any given location to be strictly linearly increasing? Climate is a complex system, more complicated than the stock market. Over the last hundred years the stock market has trended upward, even though individual stock prices have gone up and down a quite bit. The average world temperature has exhibited similar behavior.
Cindy Hamilton

On 1/24/2014 9:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Last year the average global temperature was tied for 4th highest (tied with 2003).
On 1/24/2014 10:47 AM, bud-- wrote:

As a refrigeration and AC repairman, I sincerely hope next year is even hotter. I need the income.
C'MON global warming!
--
.
Christopher A. Young

No, thanks. I don't want armadillos and fire ants in Michigan.
And yes, it is all about me. It's intuitively obvious that the universe came into being so that I would have a place to keep my stuff. ;)
Cindy Hamilton

On 1/27/14 10:35 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Have you ever read Robert J. Ringer's book Looking Out for Number 1?
On 1/24/2014 10:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I predict this one is going to be in the running for the kooks and nuts prize. A scholarly note, and combines with a good shot of "put the old boy in his place". Good display of liberal think.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/24/2014 6:13 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

U R just a Climate Change racist! o_O
TDD

Well, now the truth is known. I have a real prejudice against cold people. Can't help it.
--
.
Christopher A. Young