OT. OK All You Junk Science Worshipers

Page 1 of 5
Hey Global Warming goofballs, it's 12 frigging degrees here in Alabamastan at 8:15am and I just heard on the news that there is a propane shortage in the state because supplies are based on the average expected need over the past decade of winters. Perhaps the person responsible for determining the overall needed supplies of propane for the state is a Global Warming Believer? The lowest temperature here in Birmingham last year was 21°F. The average Winter low temperature is 33°F here in Birmingham with a normal Winter average of 35°F for the whole state. So OK you Global Warming nut jobs, what is your explanation? Make it good, the more deranged, the better. o_O
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm interested in that answer too ! It's up to 4 here from an overnight low of 2 , and this is the second time so far this year it's gotten this cold - very unusual for this area . I'll be out in the woods later cutting more firewood - dry stuff , from downed trees that haven't rotted away yet . Got a lot of them , both standing and down , no one's been cutting on this land for at least 20 years or more .
--
Snag

On Friday, January 24, 2014 6:39:32 AM UTC-8, Terry Coombs wrote:

ght

is

t .

The answer is simple. You BOTH demonstrated your ignorance of the differen ce between weather and climate. Clue: You both cited current weather as a n excuse for your climate denial.
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

I'm not a scientist , but I can observe what's going on . Little things like cherry-picking data to support a conclusion , falsifying data to support your conclusions , etc . And GW "scientists" have been caught doing both . Follow the money ...
--
Snag

On 1/24/2014 10:36 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

You do not have to be a scientist to make this observation.
This humble chemist has been a global warming skeptic for years.
I'm probably one of the few to have read Al Gore's "Earth in the Balance" and realize that it was just a political polemic.
The whole issue has become politicized by those that like big government and can profit from it.
Even if global warming was true, there is not much we can do to stop it, and there are far more problems on earth that demand more attention.
On 1/24/2014 12:15 PM, Frank wrote:

Why has the temperature been rising at the same rate as it has for Earth? Humm, must be a common cause? o_O
TDD
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:31:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas

^ on Mars (?)

Nasty Martian businesses?
On Saturday, January 25, 2014 2:23:24 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I think the Mars thing is a red herring. We have only a few decades of actual data on the temperature of Mars and that is only in just a very few spots where probes have landed. It's highly speculative as to what the long term temperature on all of Mars is doing.
On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 05:24:53 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

We have a *lot* more data on Mars than a couple of decades. We have records of the polar caps going back quite a bit further than that.
On 1/24/2014 9:26 AM, Harry K wrote:

Chaos is a normal state for climate on planet Earth. It changes and there is no trend up or down caused by human activity. The problem is with the arrogant junk science morons who believe it's all modern man's fault that the climate is changing and use that as an excuse to point guns at our heads so they can take our money and stuff. o_O
TDD
On 1/24/2014 9:26 AM, Harry K wrote:

Hmm, climate is used to ascertain "normal" weather. Observing abnormal weather in regards to "normal" climate is not unusual. However, it is true that most people do not look for trends or compare actual data against perceived and real anomalies.
On 1/25/2014 7:52 PM, SteveF wrote:

Watching people in the throes of HISI, Humor Irony Sarcasm Impairment, does make me feel a bit guilty by starting this thread. Ummm, NOT! ^_^
TDD

Shut up, or I will not take offense at this! :-)
On 1/24/2014 9:39 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I hope you're not going to burn them. Think of all the carbon dioxide you're releasing, and how that will further damage the planet. What would Al Gore say?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

FIREWOOD , Chris , FIREWOOD . And just where in hell do you think those trees got that carbon in the first place ? Damn right I'm going to burn them , and release that carbon right back to where the tree got it . In the same form too , as carbon dioxide . And all the surrounding trees will welcome the breath of fresh air ... Algore can rot in hell , I couldn't care less what that charlatan says or thinks .
--
Snag

On 1/24/2014 7:43 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Oh, gracious! I'm just going to have to take a pill and lay down for a while. That was too much to handle. Think of the carbon footprint!
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/24/14 6:43 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Bonus points for not writing "I could care less".
On 1/24/2014 7:33 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Al Gore needs a carbon boot in his ass. ^_^
TDD
For what it's worth, gentlemen, my experience is that winters that start off cold tend to stay cold.
So, my best advice to all of you is to plan for temperatures well below seasonal for the remainder of this winter.
--
nestork

On 01/24/2014 07:43 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Toss some more methylmercury into the oceans while you're at it...it adds a nice flavor to the fish.