OT NSA-proof search engine takes on Google

    Try to follow the talk. Google reads the mail that passes through their servers. Opening an account with a third party will not alter that.     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
On 06/01/2014 06:35 AM, Mayayana wrote:

Hi Mayayana,
I was recommend it by guys on the Scientific Linux mailing list several years ago. I have been using them since.
I do believe the free account(s) is for advertising their pay services. They also do the payed domain accounts to. I have put customer on them when the free eMail that comes with their web host can't keep up. (Those free eMail services when you buy web hosting really stink, and are usually farmed out to the lowest bidder. Go Daddy does their own eMail as far as I can tell, but it gets overloaded all the time. And of course, they know nothing about it.)
Technically, zoho has been rock solid so far. With the free accounts, you can email support. If you pay for it, you can talk to them. Though you do have to push past them trying to find fault with your stuff, instead of theirs.
I have never been able to find how to get gMail support, other than "Just Googling" it. (The new, more polite, RTFM.) -T
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 5/31/14, 10:13 AM, Mayayana wrote:

The feds want to have a database with a lot more financial information according to this from the Washington Examiner: http://tinyurl.com/o2wc7pc The NSA is into picture collecting according to this from the New York Times: http://alturl.com/v89sf
On Sat, 31 May 2014 11:13:49 -0400, "Mayayana"

    <re - NSA spying>
    And they do. It's called the Patriot Act.     Revoke that and problem solved, assuming you never vote for anyone capable of passing a similar "Treason Act".     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Per Todd:

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't even *think* of doing my banking online.
I don't even like the idea that institutions like the mutual fund where I keep my retirement account make it unconditionally available because it would seem to place the burden on me to prove that I was not behind some prankster's trading activity.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 06/01/2014 04:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I don't do it. I don't recommend it. No one listens to me.
--
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
| On 06/01/2014 06:35 AM, Mayayana wrote: | > | Check out mail.zoho.com. You get five free (may be | > | 10 by now). | > | | > | > Do they seem respectable? I was checking free email | > recently for a brother who's giving up his ISP and zoho | > was one that I came across, but I didn't know what to | > think of it. It's hard to see any free service really being | > a good idea. It starts out with both sides unwilling to be | > honest about what they're actually doing. | | Hi Mayayana, | | I was recommend it by guys on the Scientific Linux | mailing list several years ago. I have been using them | since. | | I do believe the free account(s) is for advertising their | pay services. They also do the payed domain accounts | to. I have put customer on them when the free eMail | that comes with their web host can't keep up. (Those | free eMail services when you buy web hosting really stink, | and are usually farmed out to the lowest bidder. Go Daddy | does their own eMail as far as I can tell, but it gets | overloaded all the time. And of course, they know nothing | about it.) | | Technically, zoho has been rock solid so far. With the | free accounts, you can email support. If you pay for it, | you can talk to them. Though you do have to push past | them trying to find fault with your stuff, instead of | theirs. | | I have never been able to find how to get gMail support, | other than "Just Googling" it. (The new, more polite, RTFM.) | -T | | -- | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped | in a couple slices of baloney | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per Todd:

Same here, but we've exercised our due diligence....-)
--
Pete Cresswell