OT: Not to be believed on climate change

Page 1 of 2

Here is a list of 492 scientists who have written papers or signed petitions or statements skeptical of global warming or some part of the "consensus" (such as global warming is caused by man).
I *think* this list was compiled by a chap on the "skeptical" side of the argument inasmuch as his credo seems to be "reporters should consider the qualifications of advocates of both sides."
However, The National Academy of Sciences has linked to the list and claims that none on it should be believed on the subject.
The list can be found at: http://www.eecg.utoronto.ca/~prall/climate/skeptic_authors_table.html
Here's the first five:
1. Roger A. Pielke Sr. - Professor Emeritus of the Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_A._Pielke
2. Arie Bodek - Experimental particle physicist and professor of physics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arie_Bodek
3. Freeman Dyson - Theoretical physicist and mathematician, famous for his work in quantum field theory, solid-state physics, and nuclear engineering. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_Dyson
4. : Richard Lindzen - Atmospheric physicist and Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Lindzen
5. John E Rhoads - Professor of Physics, Midwestern State University
Add pictures here
✖

Here's another link from the skeptic side: <http://www.nipccreport.org/
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖

So?
Add pictures here
✖

A lot more than that wanted to send Galileo to the Gallows.
Add pictures here
✖

Normal (KLGA)      84 °F Record (KLGA)     97 °F (1994) Yesterday     103 °F
Your bringing this up today is akin to Al Gore bringing it up in a speech during a blizzard. Blizzard...now there's a nice, cool word...
✖

Normal (KLGA) 84 °F Record (KLGA) 97 °F (1994) Yesterday 103 °F
Your bringing this up today is akin to Al Gore bringing it up in a speech during a blizzard. Blizzard...now there's a nice, cool word...
======== You know what's funny? This is funny: Since at least the mid 1970s, all sane, intelligent people have agreed on one or two proven reasons for continually reducing emissions. Nobody needs to agree about global warming because the two proven reasons still exist. And as I stated before, all sane, intelligent people agree on these reasons. Anyone who does NOT acknowledge these reasons is insane and stupid and can be ignored in all discussions involving the reduction of emissions.
So, never mind global warming.
Add pictures here
✖
RicodJour wrote:

I'll give Al Gore credit: he believes in getting his globes warmed.
Add pictures here
✖

It drives his critics crazy that unlike many Republicans, he prefers women.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 07:54:54 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Add pictures here
✖

That remains to be seen, at least according to the laws of this country.
Add pictures here
✖

No, the only thing that remains to be seen if he's judged "not guilty".
Add pictures here
✖

No, the only thing that remains to be seen if he's judged "not guilty". ===========
Who told you to say that?
Add pictures here
✖

Unlike you, I have a free will.
Add pictures here
✖

Unlike you, I have a free will.
=========== Apparently not, since you're parroting slimeballs like Hush Bimbo the Garlique salesman. Develop the free will to wait until the law takes its course instead of assuming Gore is guilty.
Add pictures here
✖

[snip]
Of course not. You should check the list at the (I think) Oregon Institute of Science, or something like that. There are 20,000 or so that signed the petition. All wrong, of course...
Add pictures here
✖

Unfortunately, even real scientists like Freeman Dyson can be bought.
The "scientists" are hired guns funded by, inter alia, the Marshall Institute. Well worth visiting their Web site,
http://www.marshall.org /
then research with appropriate keywords. Plenty of material on-line.
The Marshal-ese have been using these hired guns for decades, to confuse the (rather ignorant) public about the dangers of tobacco, acid rain, DDT, etc. Now climate change. Wonder how they can look their children and grandchildren in the face, as they take this (almost literally) blood money to arouse doubt in the minds of the (rather ignorant) public about the effects of climate change, already so glaringly evident.
A good read on this subject is "Merchants of Doubt" by Oreskes and Conway. I heard these historians speak, read their book, and urge fellow a.h.r.'s to do likewise.
This is a cold-blooded corporate caper to keep on making money on the backs of people, and devil take the planet. We may already have passed the "tipping point" when it is too late to stop the runaway train, much less to reverse its momentum.
Add pictures here
✖

And of course no one that's on the other side of the argument can be "bought", right? How much money do you think a researcher would get next week that wanted to do a study that shows global warming is NOT caused by CO2? Answer, not much. And no corporations are going to make money on everything from carbon sequestration, to trading CO2 credits or making movies, right?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 8, 12:06 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

   How much money do you think a researcher would get

Nor would a real researcher even consider such a deal. The news always gets out in the scientific community, and a sell-out would forever be scorned by his/her peers.
And no corporations are going to make money on everything from carbon sequestration, to trading CO2
Of course they are! That's the "American way". When it becomes evident to all but the blind and sold-out that "x" is happening, capitalism happily jumps on the bandwagon. With the power and money of Big Corporate State, everything from electric cars* to nano- medical devices can be researched and produced. Unfortunately, in the big scheme of things, BCS has waited far too long to "jump on" the bandwagon of climate change, and we're all going to pay the price.
* Do get ahold of "Who Killed the Electric Car" of a few years ago, and see how Big Auto is belatedly trying to jump back on the bandwagon. Israeli researchers have come up with a feasible prototype; let's hope it and others can progress without Big Oil sabotaging these as well as past efforts.

You're confusing two different things, but that's in keeping with your fellow "thinkers".
Add pictures here
✖

LOL Speaks volumes about how fairly you evaluate things. Real scientists must all agree that man-made CO2 is causing a rise in the earths's temp. Anyone who disagrees has no integrity and is taking "blood money". I thought the libs were the ones who were so "open minded"

So, a "real researcher" would never question the accepted view on anything. Nor should they get any research funding. Had we followed that logic, we's still believe the sun revolved around the earth. Maybe next we should take all the scientists who are interested in researching points that have a way of not conforming to the C02 crowds thinking and burn them at the stake. Why how outrageous anyone should question why Mars is also experiencing a warming trend. Or why if CO2 is the driving force for warminng, why is it that in every climate cycle of the last 800,000 years, global temps start increasing hundreds to thousands of years BEFORE CO2 levels start to rise?

Then why did Al Gore just buy a $9mil beachfront property in CA?

Yeah, I suppose you believe that a big oil conspiracy bought that mythical carburetor invention we've heard about for 50 years that gets 200 miles to the gallon. And they bought those miracle pills that turn water into gas. The simple fact is that if ANYONE has a revolutionary new technology that works, there are plenty of sources of venture capital available. Not only in the USA, but around the world that would make the inventor both very rich, very famous and a hero. Yet, according to buffoons like you, the reason we don't have them is because Big Oil is buying them up and putting them in the closet.
Perhaps what best tells everyone where you're coming from is that you called the public stupid. That's typical ultra lib elite thinking. The citizens are just too stupid and need guys like you, Al Gore, Alec Baldwin and Nancy Pelosi to figure out what's best for them.
Add pictures here
✖

Who cares? Al Gore is totally irrelevant to whether or not we are getting AGW.
-- Doug
Add pictures here
✖