OT: Next year's NRA convention

Will be in Houston, April 26th - 28th.
Last time the convention was in Houston, I approached R. Lee Ermey* from the rear. He was autographing photographs at the Glock booth.
"Lee," I said, "I just saw where a Minnesota legislator is going to introduce a bill to provide an open hunting season for feral cats in his state. I'm putting together a celebrity cat-call tape to market in Minnesota. What would it take for you to record 'Here kitty-kitty' for the project?"
He stopped autographing. He put down his pen. He turned around.
He held me with his glittering eye: "That is the most fucked-up idea I have EVER heard!"
Oh well.
Come to the convention next year and I'll buy you a beer. I may have another 'can't miss' idea by then.
--
*R Lee Ermey: The drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket, star of the History
Channel's "Mail Call", and other stuff

Will Ted Nugent be there, ya think? The Secret Service has flagged him for further investigation about his comment in St. Louis at the NRA convention.
In the mean time the NBPP threatens folks, Louis Farrakan is a clown that can say anything and not be called on the carpet, or thought of as making threatening comments.
Spit!
Oren wrote:

A couple of years ago, I was chatting with one of my customers on Cape Cod. I mentioned I had gone to a "gun show" the previous week-end.
"What's a 'gun show'?" she asked.
"Uh, it's like a car show or a boat show, except that it has guns instead of cars," I said.
"What did you see?" was her next question. I told her I was impressed by the number of crew-served weapons on display and for sale.
"What's a 'crew-served' weapon' ?" she wanted to know. I explained it was a weapon that took more than one person to operate it - machine guns, mortars, etc.
"What are those people going to DO with a gun like that?!" she demanded.
"Uh, nothing," I said. "The object is just having it, like part of a stamp collection."
"I don't believe that!" she insisted. "They've got to have SOME intended use."
"Well," I confided soto voce, "I guess I can tell you... They're getting ready for the expected uprisings."
"I KNEW IT!" she exclaimed.
There's just no reasoning with some people from Massachusetts when it comes to guns.

You sir, are a very, very, very cruel person, to lead such an innocent soul astray..
Attila.Iskander wrote:

"Innocent?"
They're all infected.
When I drive from Texas to Louisiana, about 200 yards from the border there's a sign on the right-of-way that reads: "You are leaving Texas. Come back real soon, partner." About a similar distance on the other side of the border is another sign, also on the right-of-way, that reads "Welcome to Louisiana. We're glad you're here!".
Now drive on the Interstate from New Hampshire and enter Massachusettes. Big-ass sign on the shoulder:
WARNING! Massachusetts Gun Laws Strictly Enforced!
Phooey!

But wouldn't that be a great sign if it said "Criminal Warning" instead!
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:19:20 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

You mean like, "Warning: Victims Defend Themselves!"?
http://www.nraam.org / 2012 convention just happened, in St. Louis. At a convention center that prohibits firearms. That sure seems like a stupid place for NRA convention.

But wouldn't that be a great sign if it said "Criminal Warning" instead!