OT: Neighbors Car Runnin' Rough He Says

Page 2 of 2

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:36:27 -0600, Red Green wrote:

From the images it looks like that plug's so mashed it was totally shorted. If that's from piston contact I'd expect it failed on the first hit - so if the others were all like that too the engine wouldn't be running at all. 'course someone might have replaced just some of the plugs with the wrong ones...
The other possibility is that someone was doing intake / carb work and managed to drop a small nut/screw/bolt into the intake which eventually ended up in the cylinder and bounced around; that could have made a bit of a mess of the bore too, I suppose...
Red Green wrote:

If they were all the wrong heat range plug they all would have suffered the same fate since all of the clearances are the same. You should be able to verify if it was the plug by getting the part number and looking up the specs.
HeyBub wrote:

Either that or he put way too much anti-seize down the hole!
MikeB

Was this a Subaru?

No. An old Camero.
Excellent photos, and thank you for sharing. I had one, not that bad, in 1991 on my trip from western NYS, to Utah. Had to pull the spark plug while under a bridge in Wyoming. Very obviously, I had plugs too long for the engine design. Oh, well.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Red Green wrote:

Nice. What other metal objects are bouncing around in that cylinder?

Chinese products?
Oren wrote:

That's it! Chinese spark plugs! Some are just a little longer than others.
Tony wrote:

Come on, you have to tell us what happened when the proper spark plug was installed!!!!!!!!

Oh I will for sure! Just gotta wait till he gets to fixin' it again. It's not a priority, no time during the week, gets dark early, etc.
wrote Re OT: Neighbors Car Runnin' Rough He Says:

These are a joke, right?
--
I filter all messages from google groups.

No. No joke.
Red Green wrote:

Spark plugs. They just don't make 'em like they used to....
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Some mighty fine specimens ya got there Jeff.

Frikkin' hicks :-)
Red Green wrote:

No camaro, (note spelling) EVER took a long reach plug like that. Looks like some serious bouncing around of objects inside there. I'd bet he's damaged the piston also.