OT: Neighbors Car Runnin' Rough He Says

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9CDA5721AFB5Ejyaniklocalnetcom@216.168.3.44:

An old Camero is all I know.

Reply to
Red Green

One thing for damn sure. The plug contacted the top of the piston. I don't think it was a tool left in there, as it would just sieze because there isn't enough room in there for a socket or much any tool. It looks like it ran a few rpms to get that chewed, although it could have done it in a few.

I'd be surprised if the car runs decently at all, even if he gets this straightened out. Looks like a long thread plug, the wrong one for that car. The right one could not be inserted far enough to contact piston head.

A couple of peanuts from the gallery, TYVM.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

I think I;m buying into the long plug theory a couple of people mentioned. Next time he's out there doing his magic on it I'm gonna get him to pull another plug.

Reply to
Red Green

nfowest.com:

Make sure he stays way away from whatever you are driving!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

I'm an OLD Chevy man. Most of the ones I've seen for Chevies are shorter than that one, and that one had been beat down quite a bit.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Make sure he stays way away from whatever you are driving!!!

reply: yeah, but he doesn't charge a lot............

Reply to
Steve B

Spark plugs. They just don't make 'em like they used to....

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

No camaro, (note spelling) EVER took a long reach plug like that. Looks like some serious bouncing around of objects inside there. I'd bet he's damaged the piston also.

Reply to
Steve Barker

jeff_wisnia wrote in news:zKudnZab99F3xYDWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.choiceonecommunications:

Some mighty fine specimens ya got there Jeff.

Frikkin' hicks :-)

Reply to
Red Green

innews: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

Looks like he was using a dual electrode plug too - like a Toyota or Sube plug .

DEFINITELY not the right plug for the car.

Reply to
clare

Either that or he put way too much anti-seize down the hole!

MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

From the images it looks like that plug's so mashed it was totally shorted. If that's from piston contact I'd expect it failed on the first hit - so if the others were all like that too the engine wouldn't be running at all. 'course someone might have replaced just some of the plugs with the wrong ones...

The other possibility is that someone was doing intake / carb work and managed to drop a small nut/screw/bolt into the intake which eventually ended up in the cylinder and bounced around; that could have made a bit of a mess of the bore too, I suppose...

Reply to
Jules

If they were all the wrong heat range plug they all would have suffered the same fate since all of the clearances are the same. You should be able to verify if it was the plug by getting the part number and looking up the specs.

Reply to
George

Come on, you have to tell us what happened when the proper spark plug was installed!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Tony

Tony wrote in news:7o79afF3l0ar6U1 @mid.individual.net:

Oh I will for sure! Just gotta wait till he gets to fixin' it again. It's not a priority, no time during the week, gets dark early, etc.

Reply to
Red Green

Loses money on every job but he makes it up in volume.

Reply to
zimpzampzormp