OT neighbor

Page 5 of 6
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:48:59 AM UTC-4, Marina wrote:

Different situation from OP. In yours the gas company caused the mess. In OP's, the neighbor did not.

Whether the tree was accidentally knocked own, or on purpose, was not stated.
If the power company ever comes to trim my two trees, I'll ask if they can get rid of most of them. They are a liability. Last winter branch fell with end on fire.
Many years ago before I moved in, I understand they cleared many pine trees right near the power lines, on my hill. Not stumps are visible.
Greg

You snipped out the message I replied to. I didn't respond to the OP. Marina

First thing I would do is place them on his front door or driveway. Then I would leave not saying problem fixed.
Greg
On Monday, October 15, 2012 11:41:40 AM UTC-4, Jan Taylor wrote:

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.
No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead giveaway.
On 10/16/2012 12:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are you the troll who posted it or just a miserable human being? ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

could be both :)
<slaps head>
On Monday, October 15, 2012 11:41:40 AM UTC-4, Jan Taylor wrote:

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.
No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead giveaway.

I was wondering how she would have found this forum, given that Usenet is all but extinct and Google Groups is not easily found by most people. On the other hand, what if she is legit? Does it pain anyone to offer helpful advice?
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:31:37 -0700, "David Kaye"

group could very well have been one of his subscribed groups - so VERY easy to find.

I can't see it, what is her server?
Greg

wrote

eternal-september.org From: "Jan Taylor" Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Subject: OT neighbor Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:41:56 -0400 Organization: A noiseless patient Spider X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931

Did you is the first line of her original post?
"Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the evenings."

I'm not as old as the OP, but I'm getting up there,sort of. I read this NG cuz sometimes I actually learn something. lol. My husband died in his mid- 40s and I've been doing stuff around the house since then. Except lately I have some physical limitations that I sure hope get better. Marina

A lot of the regulars on THIS form would consider an "elderly" woman to be a troll....and a lot of elderly women have been called worse :o)

Biochem wasn't that much fun either, but I learned :o)
Jan Taylor wrote:

Do you have grown kids or grandkids in the area that can help you.
On Monday, October 15, 2012 11:41:40 AM UTC-4, Jan Taylor wrote:

I would talk to my homeowner's insurance agent. Cleanup may be covered, but having a claim on your record for what sounds like a fairly small cost may not be economical. I don't believe cleanup would be your neighbor's obligation because it doesn't sound like he breached any legal duty that would have prevented or diminished the mess. Your state's or city's law may say otherwise, though. Although the trees grow on his property, the storm -- a classic act of God for insurance purposes -- caused the damage (the mess).
To put the analysis in perspective, could your neighbor legitimately expect you to rake leaves out of his yard that fell off your tree? The only difference in the two situations is one of degree.
I hope another neighbor or charitable organization is willing to help you out. Good luck.
Jan Taylor wrote:

1. Move back to Arizona 2. Put an ad on Craigslist for "free firewood" 3. If you're so infirm, why did you pick a place with significant maintenance requirements?