OT neighbor

Put the house up for sale and sell it to a REALLY miserable character. Mabee a Hell's Angels member. It would give grouchy a taste of his own.

Reply to
clare

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead giveaway.

Reply to
dennisgauge

Are you the troll who posted it or just a miserable human being? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

could be both :)

Reply to
ChairMan

Do you have grown kids or grandkids in the area that can help you.

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy

.

Y'all are a bunch of suckers that fell for a clever troll.

No elderly woman would claim to enjoy reading THIS "forum." It's a dead giveaway.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you can afford pay some one to remove it, then call SOB to court on front of Judge JUDY,I am pretty sure that she will see that he pays.

do things due to physical problems. I am

Reply to
Grumpy

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

her own yard.

actually know

Well Doug you could be right up to point, however person as Mrs. Miller can go to lawyer explain situation, Lawyer send the letter to defender, that his property causing problems to your property and if any damage accurse because he/she did not took care of it to limit problem hi/she will be held liable in court of law for everything that may results of his/hers arrogance. Trick here is that advise was made and you have proof of that. This can be applied to anything including structures.

Reply to
Grumpy

A lot of the regulars on THIS form would consider an "elderly" woman to be a troll....and a lot of elderly women have been called worse :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Biochem wasn't that much fun either, but I learned :o)

Reply to
Norminn

"Jan Taylor" wrote

Sorry, I don't mean to be mean or anything, but what on earth are you doing with your life? Do you just sit at home all day and watch TV? You're 73. There are plenty of things you can do to earn money to pay for things you need. Heck, I know a guy who is 87 and writes books about labor organizing in the 1940s and 50s. I know a woman who is 90 who prunes her own trees and teaches people how to use computers.

You're lucky in that you have a small income and your health. This is more than a lot of people have, so count your blessings and use what you have and run with it. You're bringing the depression on yourself when you have tools that can help you enjoy life.

Reply to
David Kaye

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

I was wondering how she would have found this forum, given that Usenet is all but extinct and Google Groups is not easily found by most people. On the other hand, what if she is legit? Does it pain anyone to offer helpful advice?

Reply to
David Kaye

I would talk to my homeowner's insurance agent. Cleanup may be covered, bu= t having a claim on your record for what sounds like a fairly small cost ma= y not be economical. I don't believe cleanup would be your neighbor's obli= gation because it doesn't sound like he breached any legal duty that would = have prevented or diminished the mess. Your state's or city's law may say = otherwise, though. Although the trees grow on his property, the storm -- a= classic act of God for insurance purposes -- caused the damage (the mess).= =20

To put the analysis in perspective, could your neighbor legitimately expect= you to rake leaves out of his yard that fell off your tree? The only diff= erence in the two situations is one of degree.

I hope another neighbor or charitable organization is willing to help you o= ut. Good luck.

Reply to
miattorney

She has her hubby's computer - and if he used a reader like Agent, the group could very well have been one of his subscribed groups - so VERY easy to find.

Reply to
clare

"Grumpy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

WHAT "damage"? The OP has deadfall branches in her yard, that's all. No mention of anything being damaged anywhere.

You really think you can sue your neighbor to hold him liable for cleanup of branches that fell from his trees into your yard and didn't damage anything?

You're just as nuts as the goof I replied to.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I can't see it, what is her server?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Right, but the branches that fall are yours to deal with. You can trim the tree but you'd better not kill it doing so.

Reply to
krw

I don't KNOW either - but just saying it is very possible.

Reply to
clare

Did you is the first line of her original post?

"Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the evenings."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Typical religious whacko. Blame God!!! Come on, what kind of idiot are you anyhow? First off, you need to BELIEVE in God, that leaves out all the athiests.

If God is this evil to dump branches on the lawn of an elderly woman, then I want no part of that God.

Reply to
athiest1982