OT - Need Baby Bird Help

Page 3 of 3

Last I heard, bird crap never polluted entire watersheds, birds never overfished the oceans, and birds have not generally destroyed the environment to a point beyond reclamation. Oh, and birds do not force people to feed them, nor have birds over hunted humans to extinction. You need to get your basic cause/effect facts straight.
nb
notbob wrote:

I had my cause/effect facts straight. Sorry to offend :o) Mentioned it because I don't like interfering with animals natural feeding and migration, unless they all migrate to my back yard :o)
At my previous Florida residence, I had wooded lots on two sides - saw gopher tortoises, burrowing owls, possum, raccoons, fox, hawks, scorpions, 8" centipede thingys, snakes...didn't feed any of them.
On Sat, 22 May 2010 17:54:50 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

So how did that work out? Does he have his own room?

Many young birds fall from the nest, or are booted out by their parents to encourage flying. They are then fed on the ground by the parents till they get the feel of their wings. I have seen mocking birds thus on the ground for several days before flying. They try to hide but mama knows where they are. A young sparrow hawk was able to fly up to the roof of the house in one day and flew well the next.
This is a very hazardous time for the young birds but that's the way it is. Best to let mother nature do it her way. But it's OK to move the youngster from a precarious situation. Mama will find her young if not moved far.
SJF