OT - Neat Math Trick

I love math tricks and this one really works and will only take you about ten seconds.
Amazing it really works to reveal my all-time favorite movie.
I'm pretty good at math, so I did it in my head, then on paper, and finally on a calculator just to confirm my numerical capabilities.
Each time I got the same answer, and sure enough it IS my very favorite movie ever.
Do your math, then compare the results to the list of movies at the bottom.
You will be amazed at how scary true and accurate this test is.
1. Pick a number from 1-9.
2. Multiply that number by 3.
3. Add 3.
4. Multiply by 3 again.
5. Your total will be a two digit number. Add the first and second digits together to find your favorite movie (of all time) in the list of 17 movies below:
Movie List:
1. Gone With the Wind 2. E.T. 3. Blazing Saddles 4. Star Wars 5. Forrest Gump 6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 7. Jaws 8. Grease 9. The Obama Farewell Speech 10. Casablanca 11. Jurassic Park 12. Shrek 13. Pirates of the Caribbean 14. Titanic 15. Raiders of the Lost Ark 16. Home Alone 17. Mrs. Doubtfire
Now, isn't that something?
Frank wrote:
{top post}
Didn't work for me.

<snip>
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
On 04/16/2014 09:59 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

Did not work for me either nor would I have expected it to.
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:58:49 AM UTC-5, philo  wrote:

It's a tongue-in-cheek, low-mind, right-wing, thingy...
On 4/16/2014 11:58 AM, philo wrote:

The multiply by three steps are difficult for a lot of people.
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:59:17 AM UTC-7, G. Morgan wrote:

This only "reveals"which are YOUR all time favoritd movies.
OMMV.
Others' mileage may vary.
HB

HEAR,HEAR!!!!
Frank wrote:
{top post}
Didn't work for me.
--

That is because you voted for obama
and ran out for some obamacare...WORD!
Frank wrote:
Amazing it really works to reveal my all-time favorite movie.
Worked great for me!!
JAS
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:32:23 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

The answer is always 9 so it really has nothing to do with your favorite movie, only the one the author of the troll picks..
On 2014-04-16 3:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Why do I waste my time on the internet I sometimes wonder?

How come I got 13.6?

You probably went to the school that teaches there are 57 states. I think that is what Obamma said, anyway it was more than 50.
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:44:40 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:

If you really want stupid...check-out GeoW on Youtube! *L* He almost invented stupid!
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:09:59 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
Show your work. I suppose he might have had to say any positive whole number.
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:44:40 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

He was talking about the states plus U.S. territories (D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico, etc) Do you really think he thought there were 57 states?

Those numbers don't add up; either.Check out the number of territories. Some have and some do not have people on them. The ones with people are less and the ones without people are more. Must be using the same math as Obama care.
On 4/16/2014 8:13 AM, Frank wrote:

Are you supposed to use the Common Core method? :)

That might explain DerbyDad's 13.6.

Seeing as all but 3 of the movies on that list suck pond scum, it didn't work for me.
nb
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:13:54 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

If you write out the steps in puzzles like this, you can see how they work.

Pick N

3N

3N + 3

3 x (3N + 3) = 9N + 9 = 9 x (N + 1)
So your answer is always a multiple of 9, from 9 x 2 to 9 x 10.

The sum of the digits of a two-digit number divisible by 9 always add up to 9.
Clever.