OT - Neat Math Trick

I love math tricks and this one really works and will only take you about ten seconds.

Amazing it really works to reveal my all-time favorite movie.

I'm pretty good at math, so I did it in my head, then on paper, and finally on a calculator just to confirm my numerical capabilities.

Each time I got the same answer, and sure enough it IS my very favorite movie ever.

Do your math, then compare the results to the list of movies at the bottom.

You will be amazed at how scary true and accurate this test is.

  1. Pick a number from 1-9.

  1. Multiply that number by 3.

  2. Add 3.

  1. Multiply by 3 again.

  2. Your total will be a two digit number. Add the first and second digits together to find your favorite movie (of all time) in the list of
17 movies below:

Movie List:

  1. Gone With the Wind
  2. E.T.
  3. Blazing Saddles
  4. Star Wars
  5. Forrest Gump
  6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
  7. Jaws
  8. Grease
  9. The Obama Farewell Speech
  10. Casablanca
  11. Jurassic Park
  12. Shrek
  13. Pirates of the Caribbean
  14. Titanic
  15. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  16. Home Alone
  17. Mrs. Doubtfire

Now, isn't that something?

Reply to
Frank

{top post}

Didn't work for me.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Did not work for me either nor would I have expected it to.

Reply to
philo

Amazing it really works to reveal my all-time favorite movie.

Worked great for me!!

JAS

Reply to
JAS

It's a tongue-in-cheek, low-mind, right-wing, thingy...

Reply to
Bob_Villa

The multiply by three steps are difficult for a lot of people.

Reply to
Frank

This only "reveals"which are YOUR all time favoritd movies.

OMMV.

Others' mileage may vary.

HB

HEAR,HEAR!!!!

Reply to
Higgs Boson

The answer is always 9 so it really has nothing to do with your favorite movie, only the one the author of the troll picks..

Reply to
gfretwell

{top post}

Didn't work for me.

Reply to
BurfordTJustice

Why do I waste my time on the internet I sometimes wonder?

Reply to
Adam Kubias

How come I got 13.6?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Are you supposed to use the Common Core method? :)

Reply to
Ron

You probably went to the school that teaches there are 57 states. I think that is what Obamma said, anyway it was more than 50.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

That might explain DerbyDad's 13.6.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Show your work. I suppose he might have had to say any positive whole number.

Reply to
gfretwell

Seeing as all but 3 of the movies on that list suck pond scum, it didn't work for me.

nb

Reply to
notbob

He was talking about the states plus U.S. territories (D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico, etc) Do you really think he thought there were 57 states?

Reply to
Pat

//

If you really want stupid...check-out GeoW on Youtube! *L* He almost invented stupid!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

If you write out the steps in puzzles like this, you can see how they work.

Pick N

3N

3N + 3
3 x (3N + 3) = 9N + 9 = 9 x (N + 1)

So your answer is always a multiple of 9, from 9 x 2 to 9 x 10.

The sum of the digits of a two-digit number divisible by 9 always add up to 9.

Clever.

Reply to
Pavel314

Those numbers don't add up; either.Check out the number of territories. Some have and some do not have people on them. The ones with people are less and the ones without people are more. Must be using the same math as Obama care.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery