OT: NBC to trump, You're fired!

Page 2 of 2

I'd love to see an Allen West- Ben Carson ticket
In

It still works for me
In wrote:

ya mean yer not a racist? <veg>
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 11:03:41 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

who else employees trump? lets see him lose all his customers:)
i guess donald really didnt want to be president, so he decided to kill his brand?
On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 8:19:11 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

Macy's just dumped him too. But I doubt he cares about what he was earning from ties and perfume. Would you want to smell like the Donald?

He's been saying crazy stuff for a long time and so far, this is the only real impact I've seen and it likely isn't much on his bottom line. It's more of an embarrassment, but I doubt that's possible with Trump. Still, it does show very poor judgement and a reckless behavior, not something you want in a president. He keeps doing it, even though one day he could wind up saying something that banishes him to the wilderness, like happened to Paula Deen. In her case, it wasn't even something she said recently and she immediately apologized. When you have a big real estate empire, where your name means a lot, you'd think he'd have better sense. But so far, until now at least, he's gotten away with it. That's because people buying $2mil+ condos, membership at exclusive golf clubs, etc, obviously don't care. With this, maybe he lost a few Latino buyers, but there are plenty of others.
On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 8:48:26 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
Here's the latest example of Trump saying dumb things. Part of his retort to Macy's dumping his ties and perfume was this:
"I have never been happy about the fact that the ties and shirts are made i n China," he added, "because of what they've done in terms of devaluing the ir currency, it is very hard for other companies to compete and make such a pparel in the United States. These are the kinds of issues I am committed t o addressing. "
What??? He's be complaining about China and how he claims they are screwing us for years. Yet now he decides to bring into the current fiasco he's created, that the goods sold at Macys are made in China? I'm not saying that where they are made is that big of a deal, but you'd have to be an idiot to have China as a major issue you've been harping about and then volunteer that China is where your stuff is made.
On 7/2/2015 9:32 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Surprised me too. I'd have thought he would have made it part of the contract the Trump labeled good must be made in Bangladesh if that is what he wanted. I guess he just sold his name and truly did not care until now that he could change the spin.

That might backfire on them.