OT: My personal test of 20 free offline Android gps map routing applications

You may be able to get this at Staples using one of the discount coupons they so generously provide via paper or email. I think the price has dropped since I bought ours.

Husband just bought a Nexus 7 tablet (Asus) from Best Buy. It's godawful lovely, and based on that I'd be willing to buy a Nexus 5 phone if I were willing to spend $450. With that much internal memory, who needs an external sd card?

Best Buy included a code for $25 at the google play store. I told them I wanted it emailed to my public address because the guy said I could use it on any of our accounts/android devices. Almost true -- I had to log into the public account through the 'settings' on the phone before I could download a paid app, but it worked. I'll set up the Nexus when hubby decides if he wants to buy anything.

Thanks to Teresa on the google help line who suggested that, along with looking at wallet.google.com to make sure the $25 was actually there.

So far, so good.

Reply to
The Real Bev

T-Mobile (GSM) has a $10/year plan which is just right for me, even though coverage is skimpier here than it might be. If I need to make a phone call in Mexico I'll borrow somebody else's phone.

Reply to
The Real Bev

FEH!

Reply to