(OT) Must I allow political calls on my phone?

A. A Justice of the Peace is a court. They can issue fines and, in some cases, jail.

B. To get into a state district court, the amount at issue must exceed some reasonable value. In my state it is $2000. (The amount must exceed $10,000 to bring a suit in a federal court.) Things may differ where you are; you can always call the clerk of your local justice court and ask.

C. I've collected $750 in the Justice Court for unsolicited faxes (three times at $250), plus reimbursement for filing fees.

But I haven't gotten an unsolicited fax in like forever. I think the scum-suckers have a background information network.

Reply to
HeyBub

You can call a disconnected number and record the SIT tones "Special Information Tones" that precede the voice announcement that the number is disconnected or no longer in service. Record the SIT tones and use them as the start of your answering machine message. Predictive dialer systems will drop your number from their dialing database when encountering SIT tones. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

wrote

Answering machine? How quaint. Okay, you rarely answer your phone but yet you're worried about losing "important calls".

Go away kid; you bother me...

Reply to
David Kaye

So those tones are not just nationally standardized but internationally.

" The FCC requires that predictive dialers abandon less than 3% of answered calls.[2]" I'm not sure that does me much good. My complaint is not that when I answer they are not there, but that they called me at all. (I'm currently geting calls about once a month from 2 junk callers, who ignore the law. AFAIK I have no relationship with them and I've told them to put me on the DNCall list)

micky

When a telemarketer calls and I feel like amusing myself, I'll answer as a brain damaged immigrant from some indeterminate country and talk bizarre nonsense until they finally hangup, it can be fun. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

In other words, you just act natural. (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I naturally torment pests. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So, you're a self-abuser, too? (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I grew out of that, besides, the Irish nuns told me it was a sin. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

friends of my grand daughter often answer such calls 'Governor's Office of consumer protection Do Not Call Complaints' or Attorney General of STATE office -- Do Not Call complaints.

Calls to those numbers have drop considerably.

Reply to
NotMe

You'd probably get a different answer from the priests. (-" Most of the nuns I remember had faces so hard and unfeminine and dispositions so mean you could actually see why the priests turned to altar boys for love.

As for growing out of it, surely you've heard the old saw:

"Ninety five percent of men admit to mastubating occasionally - the other five percent are liars.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Euchre is like sex... if you have a good enough hand you don't need a partner.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Play this into the phone for unwanted callers.

Reply to
frag