OT: Murphy's Law?

Page 1 of 3
Hmmm, It seem to happen every holiday season. Major cause of expenditure occurs. This time it is Denon AVR 988 AV RX on my HT system. After a few years good service it is dying(burning smell). Good excuse.... Time to replace it w/ better, newer 3D, UHD handling unit and throw in a UHD monitor as a bonus. Time to break secret piggy bank, LOL! Better half just returned home from holiday shopping back home(in Seoul) Now my turn to shop... Busy tonight checking things out to decide, pick and choose.
On 11/29/2013 1:14 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Are we talking about an over the road vehicle, or what? I'm not sure what you mean. I am guessing it's a Automatic Vehicle Regulator, on a Automatic Vehicle, Recreational Exercise, on a High Traction system.
Now, you need a Ultra High Driving unit, with a Ultra High Driving monitor (steering control).
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

He's talking about his home theater system , dipstick .
--
Snag

On 11/29/2013 7:08 AM, Snag wrote:

He was being fecesious. ^_^
TDD

Oddly enough, I've never heard those terms. I simply do not know what one of them (whatever it was) is, or was.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/29/2013 9:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some are not so easy to figure out. Denon AVR 988 AV RX on my HT Denon is a maker of electronics but it is not as mainstream known as Panasonic or Sony.
AVR can be Auto Vacuum Reservoir, or Active Ventricular Reader, but in this case it is Audio Video Receiver. The 988 is either the model number or the price he paid for it. AV RX seems redundant. HT. I'm not sure bit us probably High something. Probably High Testosterone as that is what you get when you crank up the volume of the AVR.
On Friday, November 29, 2013 9:46:34 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm probably 10 to 20 years older than Stormin' Moron and I know of Denon, AVR, and Hyper-Threading (without using Google or Wiki)...so there is really little excuse!
On 11/29/2013 11:07 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

(without using Google or Wiki)...so there is really little excuse!
My kingdom is not of this world. And certainly not of electronic gadgets.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Bob_Villa wrote:

Sorry, HT = Home theater, AVR 988 is model number AV RX = audio/video receiver. It has HD AM/FM tuner, networking ability, video 3 dimension TV handling, video upscaling(bringing up lower resolution upto 1080P HD and/or even newer Ultra HD, 2K/4K resolution) Can hook up speakers 5, 7, 9, even 11 plus separate sub woofer upto two. AVS forum is good place to learn all about this things.

The one would guess that it would be a good place to ask about such things.
On 11/29/2013 10:46 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've still got little clue what it is. Something electronic, but beyond that escapes me.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

"fecesious"? Anything like "shitty"?
On 11/29/2013 9:33 PM, hah wrote:

--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/29/2013 8:08 AM, Snag wrote:

Be nice if he said so, brakepad.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

why would anyone buy a dipstick for their home theater?
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Well duh , to check the oil ! <sfsf>
--
Snag

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:00:05 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Why would any mother have a dipstick for a son, Malformed?

why would your mother have a dipstick for a daughter, krwless? it was the best she could afford
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 12:04:47 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Typical lefty comeback, IKWYABWAI on top of lies. It's all a lefty is good for.

you wouldn't know IKWYABWAI even if it stopped biting your ass