OT: Murphy's Law?

Hmmm, It seem to happen every holiday season. Major cause of expenditure occurs. This time it is Denon AVR 988 AV RX on my HT system. After a few years good service it is dying(burning smell). Good excuse.... Time to replace it w/ better, newer 3D, UHD handling unit and throw in a UHD monitor as a bonus. Time to break secret piggy bank, LOL! Better half just returned home from holiday shopping back home(in Seoul) Now my turn to shop... Busy tonight checking things out to decide, pick and choose.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Are we talking about an over the road vehicle, or what? I'm not sure what you mean. I am guessing it's a Automatic Vehicle Regulator, on a Automatic Vehicle, Recreational Exercise, on a High Traction system.

Now, you need a Ultra High Driving unit, with a Ultra High Driving monitor (steering control).

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

He's talking about his home theater system , dipstick .

Reply to
Snag

He was being fecesious. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Be nice if he said so, brakepad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oddly enough, I've never heard those terms. I simply do not know what one of them (whatever it was) is, or was.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's Black Friday USA!

Grab your Glock and head on down to Walmart.

Mike Hunt-Hertz

Some are not so easy to figure out. Denon AVR 988 AV RX on my HT Denon is a maker of electronics but it is not as mainstream known as Panasonic or Sony.

AVR can be Auto Vacuum Reservoir, or Active Ventricular Reader, but in this case it is Audio Video Receiver. The 988 is either the model number or the price he paid for it. AV RX seems redundant. HT. I'm not sure bit us probably High something. Probably High Testosterone as that is what you get when you crank up the volume of the AVR.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm probably 10 to 20 years older than Stormin' Moron and I know of Denon, AVR, and Hyper-Threading (without using Google or Wiki)...so there is really little excuse!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Moron and I know of Denon, AVR, and Hyper-Threading (without using Google or Wiki)...so there is really little excuse!

My kingdom is not of this world. And certainly not of electronic gadgets.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've still got little clue what it is. Something electronic, but beyond that escapes me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yup, Same here. There is Wal Mart super center near by but they seldom have anything I want. I am looking at Anthem 2nd gen. MRX receivers. Smallest one weighs ~30 lbs. Looks like real deal.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Sorry, HT = Home theater, AVR 988 is model number AV RX = audio/video receiver. It has HD AM/FM tuner, networking ability, video 3 dimension TV handling, video upscaling(bringing up lower resolution upto 1080P HD and/or even newer Ultra HD, 2K/4K resolution) Can hook up speakers 5, 7,

9, even 11 plus separate sub woofer upto two. AVS forum is good place to learn all about this things.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

The one would guess that it would be a good place to ask about such things.

Reply to
krw

No, no, no. It's Friday of Color!

We out for most of the day, here. No issues at all and not much traffic, even. Very nice and calm day. Nice lunch at a great Mexican restaurant, too. Didn't even pack. It's nice to live in civilization.

Reply to
krw

in the spirit of your nature to invest your social energy in spelling flames, see how long it takes you to find the grammar mistake you made

No issues at all and not much

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

why would anyone buy a dipstick for their home theater?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Well duh , to check the oil !

Reply to
Snag

Why would any mother have a dipstick for a son, Malformed?

Reply to
krw

Keep lying, Malformed. We all know you're a lefty but every once in a while a newb drops by,

Reply to
krw