OT More trouble with the Hilton

Page 2 of 2
micky posted for all of us...

They found out whom they were dealing with. The moron list was full.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 6/11/2015 4:15 PM, micky wrote:
[snip}

You could not have possibly left anything out.

Damn you, Micky! So you're responsible for Windows ME, eh?
micky posted for all of us...

They don't want you there. You are the cheap ass relative that lives in the basement. Your door will be silent.

I say again cheap ass bastard.

No, a Sheraton would never have bathtubs for your slimy ass. Slip a day worker $50 and he MAY hose you off.
I have told you before get a handicap/roll in shower. It will have a hand held shower head to was your pate with.

Dealing with assholes like yours. They will probe but find you're all asshole. You need a Platinum card to pay for the probe.

You don't want to pay for anything...
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

So I called the Hilton again. Last night the woman had too much of an accent to be sure of what she said.
Today a different girl again offerred me (perhaps for extra money) an accessible room with an accessible bathtub. Not worth having even for no more money.
Then like last night, even without my asking, she started in on the features the room had; the size of the bed, the 40" tv. I already know approximately and that wasn't why I called. I know they're told to do this, but it's a waste of my time, so I interrupted.
I asked about the fancy rooms.. Did I hear last night that they had two bathrooms? Yes, they have such rooms, but she couldn't tell whether there was a bathtub in either.
Last night I thought since they have no bathtub to offer me, maybe they'll give me a complimentary breakfast, so I asked if breakfast was included. It was already included, she said, even though nowhere does it say that. Not on the email confirmation, or the web listing. or the webpage that says what comes with a room. There is on a webpage something about a package of wifi, breakfast, and parking for one car, woth $63, but it didn't say how to get it or how much it cost. But she said I already get breakfast. We'll see.
She was very nice, and when I asked said she was in the Phillipines. I told her about a good friend's Philipina wife, whom I liked. I think the girl last night also had a Philipine accent but much stronger, and she talked too fast.
Then she wanted to transfer me to what I thought would be a recording, but it was a guy trying to sell me a package. I asked if the places would have bathtubs and told him how tomorrow's hotel didn't, and he told me he would refund me $100 on that. Wow, $20 seemed about right, or maybe 20 x 2 nights. but 100! Later it was apparent I only got that if I paid 255 for some Select membership, things I'll barely use if at all. I told him it was in his interest to end the phone call, so he could talk to someone who might actually buy it, but he was unconvinced. I'm glad I'm not a telephone marketer. He had a great voice.
Sorry that the story is so anti-climactic. The End.
micky posted for all of us...

Did you get off? Now call the hotel instead of the sex line.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

After all this.... they said for early checkin have to call the hotel itself.
Asked them about bathtubs. They said all the rooms except those on one floor have bathtubs. What a waste of time this has been. Next time, call the hotel itself. .....We'll see if she's right.
For early checkin, I have to ask when I get there.
On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 12:15:41 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

You really don't get around much, do you?
On 6/11/2015 11:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth, really!
Let's hope not. Less chance of us running into him whining and crying at the front desk when he finds out that a full breakfast, lunch, dinner and car detailing are not included in the valet parking package listed at $10/day

I live in Dallas and could help out, but I'm enjoying this to much. There is a shit load of hotels where he wants to be, but apparently has not figured out how to contact the hotel directly and get his questions answered. This whole thread is hilarious and just what I needed. LMAO
ChairMan posted for all of us...

Great reading isn't it? See the latest posts about the wifi. More hilarity ensues.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

micky wrote:

Count your blessings. In a perfect world all bathtubs would disintegrate into dust thereby leaving room for generously sized showers.
--

dadiOH

LOL
Until I was 10, the bathtub was surrounded with walls covered in something linoleum, and it was coming up at the seam in the middle and plaster would be knocked loose by the shower or a physical blow. For some reason, my father didn't have it fixed. Maybe he liked baths.
So I got used to baths.
In college and Chicago, almost entirely I took showers for 6 years.
But in Brooklyn, the landlord didn't understand the cold water pumping system in our 6-story building, didn't run it right, and when someone flushed a toilet, (with a Flushometer), the cold water pressure plunged, and the shower was too hot to bear. If you made it cooler, when the cold pressure came back up, the water was too cold to bear. And the bathtub was so big I could almost float in it. So that's 11 more years with baths and no showers.
And now I'm hooked.