OT: More on High Fructose Corn Syrup

And no, I won't provide the cites.

Splenda too, yes.
--
Tegger

Thanks to the last poster,whose more detailed analysis, plus yet another quote from Science Daily, reinforces my original post, repeated above. For the sake of our children and grandchildren who are exposed to this stuff, we should educate them how to avoid it to the extent possible, and seek out more healthful alternatives.
HB

As I wrote at the beginning of this thread, ADM's propaganda is to call HFCS "corn sugar", Their ads feature a smiling WHITE woman tossing off this one-liner: " Sugar is sugar!" NOT!
HB

Can you cite any foods that used to be unsugared or hardly-sugared but got sugared more when HFCS became inexpensively available?

On Nov 30, 9:41pm, snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

The infamous one is low-fat processed foods. Sweet was substituted for fat in making a whole range of low-fat delights.
I don't have a comprehensive list, but soup and spaghetti sauce seem to be a lot sweeter than they need to be. Bottled salad dressings, too.
Cindy Hamilton

It is difficult to get regular yoghurt here which is why I make my own with whole milk. My sister-in-law A VP in unilever told me years ago that lipton teas were able to see a correlation between sugar and sales. This not for dried teas but their sweet drink whose name I don't know. Raise sugar up goes sales lower and sales go down. This about 1975.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Daniel Moynihan and Dennis Kucinich in 2012 !
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I have seen sugar in spaghetti sauce and bottled salad dressings back in the late 1970's, when they used real sugar for that, before the low-fat dieting stuff.