OT, More Global Warming Hits Alabamastan

Page 3 of 3
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:41:56 -0500, Stormin Mormon

So of the lefties running the schools in Atlanta let the kids leave school on busses, which got stuck overnight. Many more are sheltered in place at the schools. It's not like there was no warning. The forecasts were dead-on.
Home Depot opened all of its stores, overnight, for anyone who needed a warm place("Pull up a stack of plywood and get a good night's sleep."). Since they tend to be close to major highways, hundreds are taking advantage of it.
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:16:37 -0600, The Daring Dufas

It's really not "black ice" (if you can see it, it's not "black ice"). It's the same 150mi East of you. They did cancel work today and the whole state is under a state of emergency until noon tomorrow. I'm giving 5:4 odds that it'll be extended until Friday.

I hope someone can truck in some sleeping pads, blankets, etc. Of course in high school they have body heat. Something called sex, they talked about, but I never did get it figured.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/28/2014 7:56 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Back in the last century when I was in high school, we had wrestling mats and mats used for the PE classes. So high school students can stay warm by practicing wrestling moves and participating in Physical Education. ^_^
TDD

Due to "climate change" it's always your fault, regardless of what happens.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
11:00am, 19°F and snowing like crazy. Ice on bridges and hills, car accidents everywhere. Schools closing and businesses letting employees go home. Is it too late to get Global Cooling started up again? I'm freezing my ass off in this Global Warming. o_O
TDD
Since you cannot do any thing about it. Go with the flow and enjoy life. WW
On 1/29/2014 11:33 AM, WW wrote:

I'm fully exercising my human right to bitch about it. ^_^
TDD

I thought you'd follow WW's advice, and get in your vehicle and go get crammed into a traffic pile up like (it sounds like) he suggested.
In my case, I need milk, eggs, ice cream. I've got other stuff to eat, so I'll go to bed early and go to the store tomorrow. Supposed to warm up to +15F or so, in the daylight.
--
.
Christopher A. Young