OT Microwave functions

If I want to heat something in my microwave all I have to push is 1-6 and it is a one button touch operation. It is pretty handy. What I haven't figured out is why it does not work for 7,8 or 9.
There has to be some very deep engineering reason. I am sure it is designed to keep someone from killing themselves.

Don't waste time on it. Use Craigslist, garage sales or auctions and bring home a better one. Or even spend $69.95 on a new one. Lots of holiday sales staring now.
Joe

You must have a GE like I do.
six minutes at full power(1100w?) is a lot of energy to be put into a food item.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 11/12/2010 10:06 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

I use the "minute plus" button most of the time. Press once for each minute. I did just use the baked potato button last week, press that button once for each potato. Worked surprisingly well, oh, well I did also throw the taters under the broiler for a bit until the steaks were done so the skins got a little crisp.
Now the real thing I look for in a microwave oven is for a door that pulls open without having to press a door release button.