OT Microsoft callled.

[snip]

Your loss! Had you told them that, I'm sure they would have provided you with adequate protection for the two drives you had (slight upcharge, of course, for your unusual configuration) ;)

Did you make it through the Y2K transition okay?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I'm sure you are right, about the A and B drive protection. I was such a fool.

My prediction back then was about a week of glitches. I never believed elevators would get stuck, planes would not fall out of the sky.

As with all New Years Eve, I was home by 8 PM, backed the vehicle as far as I could away from the road, and hunkered down in bed about 10. I got up the next morning, and all systems had failed. Eyes, teeth, hair, hearing, bowel, kidneys, arthritic joints, cardiac. I had to reboot to an earlier age.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You just need a boot in your ass to jar the ganglion...

Reply to
bob_villa
[snip]

At the time, there was a section of code in every plane's control computer. That would check the calendar every second. If the year was read as 1900, the computer would decide it's time to crash now. It would shut down the engines, lock the pilot's controls, and crash (apparently while playing "see you later, alligator").

That failed, because the programmer involved typed 0 where he should have typed o, and no one discovered the error in time.

He could have been the one who wrote '19' on all the checks.

[snip]
Reply to
hah

Aww, I'm just too nice : ), I try to give 'em a chance before bozo binnin people, but he made it there quickly. Not as quick col burka, but pretty quick

Reply to
ChairMan