OT: Michael Steele: both wrong & right

OK, folks, a li'l political red meat for those so inclined.
(So in case you've been living under a rock, Steele is the chair of the Republican party who recently infuriated folks in *both* parties by his criticism of Obama's Afghanistan policy.)
The facts as I see 'em:
o He's wrong to criticize Obama as if he *started* the war there, but o He's absolutely right to criticize Obama over Afghanistan, since it is now clearly Obama's war, not Bush's anymore. o He got his history right, too; Afghanistan is truly the "graveyard of empires". o The Democrats are now trying to out-Republican the Republicans (by the same old tired tactics of smearing anyone who criticizes the president's war policies as being against the troops, etc., etc.). Or I should say, they're doing it even more than usual. But of course they're not as good at it. Overcompensation, dontcha know.
Just goes to show what I've been saying for years, to no effect: that what this country needs is a *second* political party, something besides the Repugnocrats ...
Discuss amongst yourselves.
Suggested more appropriate newsgroups:
alt.discuss.politics alt.little.lost.boy alt.extreme-one.lameass.troll
On 7/7/2010 1:36 AM snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net spake thus:

Nope, I posted this exactly where I wanted it. But thanks for playing.
On 7/7/2010 4:54 AM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

You must be new here.
Steve

So by Steele's thinking, World War 2 was Truman's war.

It was. Roosevelt may have started it, but you can't deny that Truman took full ownership of it. As opposed to "The buck stops over there", Obummer.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

The last credible third-party was when Teddy Roosevelt ran as a "Bull Moose." He took 19% of the vote away from Howard Taft, allowing Woodrow Wilson to become president and the "War to End All Wars" to ensue.

I dunno about that. HRP brought us BJ Clinton.
On 7/7/2010 6:30 AM keith spake thus:

Yabbut, HRP wasn't so much a party as a one-man sideshow. So doesn't really count.

He had others run in his "party".

Thats why Im voting Libertarian.
Off topic.
On 7/7/2010 8:36 AM terry spake thus:

Yes, dumbass: that's why it was marked "OT:", which you, for some inexplicable reason, removed.