If we lost the cold war:
* Government would be in every aspect of our lives, from the cars we
drive, to the toilets we flush.
* Government would inspect and regulate every thing we eat.
* Government would tell us how much money we are allowed to earn, how
much we have to pay our employees, and how much of our gross we may keep
to spend as we wish.
* Government would allow us to buy certain things, but not other things.
* Government would read our mail, track us in vehicles, and tell us
where we might not go.
* Government would outlaw any guns it feared in the hands of peasants.
* Government would have the power to lock up any race or type of people
it wanted, for society's good.
* Certain groups would be preferred, and would get special treatment in
the eyes of the law. Others would be harshly treated.
We are so, so fortunate that we are winning the cold war, and that we
have freedoms as Americans.
Our Constitution limits the power of
government. Not allowed to infringe the
right to keep and bear arms, not allowed
to confiscate property without due process,
very limited powers to stop and question
people. Now days, you'd hardly know that.
Here in So. Cal., you can't smoke on the streets or anywhere within the
city limits of Del Mar. The mega libs in Sacramento are trying to limit
the amount of salt in snack foods like potato chips, and sugar in
Where is the voice of freedom in this duck plucking state?
Not a chance. While I enjoyed growing up in upstate NY, the state's
policies didn't agree with me. I had a few good years, mostly in NH, but
headed west when the hordes from MA arrived. MT has mountains, rivers,
and a hell of a lot less people.
Half my toys aren't even legal in the Peoples Republic.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.