OT: Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Page 2 of 3
Muggles wrote: ...

it shall be!
i'm having Christmas early as this is the 2nd day this month the sun has been out. :)
songbird
Muggles was thinking very hard :

So do I Maggs. The gathering tomorrow will be great!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours too! And the same good wishes go out to all the rest of you out there.
On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 10:49:34 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:

The Merriest to You and Yours' and the Best in the New Year!
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 17:14:18 -0500, Stormin Mormon

<Snipped> Well that just got sent to a few friends!
On 12/24/2015 8:10 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I've been sending it around since 2003. Nice that someone shares my sense of humor.
What a shame, that PC and cultural sensetivity have changed our sense of hope so much.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

:D
Muggles submitted this idea :

What time is it? :D
On 12/26/2015 5:06 PM, Eagle wrote:

Funny... now that I have a wrist watch, again, I don't even feel it on my wrist and still pick up my cell phone or look at the pc clock to check the time.
--
Maggie

It happens that Muggles formulated :

I still look out My window to check time, or lift My donkeys balls to check. :')
On 12/26/2015 6:06 PM, Eagle wrote:

Timex.
(the hospital lost my hearing aid, also.)
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote on 12/27/2015 :

I had My apendix out some 30 years back, and feel this funny clicking everytime I have a movement.
Oren wrote :

I wonder what the total cost for the cold war was/is? How would you measure such a price?
On 12/26/2015 6:07 PM, Eagle wrote:

If we lost the cold war:
* Government would be in every aspect of our lives, from the cars we drive, to the toilets we flush. * Government would inspect and regulate every thing we eat. * Government would tell us how much money we are allowed to earn, how much we have to pay our employees, and how much of our gross we may keep to spend as we wish. * Government would allow us to buy certain things, but not other things. * Government would read our mail, track us in vehicles, and tell us where we might not go. * Government would outlaw any guns it feared in the hands of peasants. * Government would have the power to lock up any race or type of people it wanted, for society's good. * Certain groups would be preferred, and would get special treatment in the eyes of the law. Others would be harshly treated.
We are so, so fortunate that we are winning the cold war, and that we have freedoms as Americans.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote on 12/26/2015 :

Gee...that's how it is right now. Imagine that...
On 12/27/2015 11:05 AM, Eagle wrote:

Our Constitution limits the power of government. Not allowed to infringe the right to keep and bear arms, not allowed to confiscate property without due process, very limited powers to stop and question people. Now days, you'd hardly know that.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Here in So. Cal., you can't smoke on the streets or anywhere within the city limits of Del Mar. The mega libs in Sacramento are trying to limit the amount of salt in snack foods like potato chips, and sugar in cookies. Where is the voice of freedom in this duck plucking state?
On 12/28/2015 08:02 AM, Eagle wrote:

The voice of freedom is voting with your feet. There are 49 other states if you don't want to to become an expat.
rbowman explained :

Are you from California?
On 12/28/2015 10:49 AM, Eagle wrote:

Not a chance. While I enjoyed growing up in upstate NY, the state's policies didn't agree with me. I had a few good years, mostly in NH, but headed west when the hordes from MA arrived. MT has mountains, rivers, and a hell of a lot less people.
Half my toys aren't even legal in the Peoples Republic.