OT: Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Page 1 of 3
I was listening to some music and found this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJ4EWeHyE4

Hope everyone has a nice holiday!
--
Maggie

I wish you and everyone on here a HAPPY HOLIDAY !!!
On 12/23/2015 9:49 PM, Muggles wrote:

<http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/BU/Hugo_and_Luigi_-_Watusi_Wedding.mp3

Ditto.
On 12/24/2015 12:54 AM, Don Y wrote:

That was a "WAKE UP NOW!" kind of tune. Bet you can't sit still for long listening to THAT!
--
Maggie

On 12/24/2015 10:02 AM, Muggles wrote:

<grin> I think it's probably the oldest piece of music that I can remember from my childhood. No, maybe "Peter and the Wolf" on 78's...
On Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 11:52:30 AM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

Was that a Disney album...if so, I had that also!
On 12/24/2015 11:52 AM, Don Y wrote:

The oldest pc of music I can remember is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7lmAc3LKWM

Course, that doesn't include the music my parents used to play from their slew of music collections.
--
Maggie

On 12/24/2015 12:22 PM, Muggles wrote:

Too mainstream (I had that on a 45).
I get more of a nostalgia rush from the odd pieces from childhood: - The Supercar Song - Felix the Cat - Secret Agent Man - Johnny Quest - Fractured Fairy Tales - The Banana Splits (later in life, I used to play this on my trumpet) - Jailer, Bring Me Water - HiYo, Silver - Watusi Wedding - Tonto the Brave - Chubby Checkers (Twist, Twist Again, Pony Time, Do The Fly, etc.) - Hang On Sloopy etc.
SWMBO had the radio on this morning (no idea what she was listening to) and they played Snoopy's Christmas (not nearly as good as Snoopy & The Red Baron but nostalgic, just the same).
I've not seen Rudolph or Frosty this holiday season (TV hasn't been on) so I'm a bit bummed about that...
"Rudolph the shiny-gunned gangster Had a pair of shiny guns! And if you ever saw him, You would grab your hat and run.
All of the other gangsters..."

On 12/24/2015 3:14 PM, Don Y wrote:

Some of those are before my time, slightly, or at least I was still in diapers and don't remember them.
--
Maggie

On 12/24/2015 03:14 PM, Don Y wrote:
[snip]

For some reason, I like the sound of songs with a different beginning to the words, like:
Ringle Rells, Ringle Rells Ringle all the Ray
Nonsense, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sound good.
Really, I did once think one song had the words "A One Hor Soapin' Sleigh". It made sense, a sleigh needs a slippery surface and it could be dispensing soap to make it slippery. I never knew what a "Hor" was. Maybe something to do with clocks (as in 'horology')?
--
Currently: happy holidays (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).
On 12/25/2015 11:19 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Whenever I hear Ride of the Valkyries (?), I can't help but hear the words "Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit" :>

It was late in life that I realized you could purchase "songbooks" in which the artists' original lyrics were published (nowadays, you can probably google same). So, the lyrics *I* learned were what they *seemed* to be -- from "empirical observation". :>
Of course, even a songbook won't handle the improvisation many artists use in their performances (I listen to a lot of live recordings).
And, others almost seem to deliberately obfuscate their lyrics (*read* the lyrics to "Louie, Louie" and you can sort-of convince yourself that that's what they are singing; "sort of"!)
On 12/25/2015 11:28 AM, Don Y wrote:

All I hear is "This is Romeo Foxtrot. Shall we dance?"
In The Halls of Valhalla I finally take my place With my sword and my shield I enter Odin's realm I'm an immortal spirit now with a heart made of steel With the gods on high forever I will live and laugh at the fears of man
On 12/23/15 11:49 PM, Muggles wrote:

On 12/24/2015 5:51 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

Thanks!
--
Maggie

At the end of course. Yogi didn't start that one.
http://preview.alturl.com/6cfrf
Do ya think the blond is really playing that fiddle while hopping around in her heals?
-- Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Muggles wrote:

And a very Merry Christmas to all from The 12 Acre Wood .
--
Snag

On 12/24/2015 07:09 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

"All creatures are ordered to be merry, upon pain of death."
BTW, That was in the 1980 Flash Gordon movie.
On 12/23/2015 11:49 PM, Muggles wrote:

Merry Christmas to the great bunch of folks here.
On 12/24/2015 8:32 AM, Frank wrote:

I'm also pleased with the nice folks. And amazed how much I learn. Tractor battery reverse polarity.... never would have believed it.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/24/2015 7:32 AM, Frank wrote:

yes! This is a nice group of people for sure.
--
Maggie