OT: Memory Test

08 It was my understanding that Satchmo was NOT his nickname because of the look of his face. It was he could supply ANY drug you wanted from his little satchel. 09 Does anybody remember the Volvo ad, where they put John Cameron Swazey in a Volve and ran him around an extreme test track, and when they stopped the car, removed him, and as he stood there totally in shock looking like a deer caught in head lights announced "Volvo's ride is so smooth that this announcer keeps on ticking."
Reply to
Robert Macy

Met him and chatted for a while. He was an incredibly affable man. In person he was absolutely 'non-intimidating'. He was one of those people you were glad for his success. Very refreshing, because there are some anyone would begrudge their success.

Reply to
Robert Macy

I didn't miss out on Red Skelton as a kid, I simply forgot the name of the Hobo character. I remember the "and God bless" sign-off very well.

Reply to
DerbyDad03