OT: Measurement help- car driver

Have looked but can't find a math or physics NG that will help on this, so turning to the NG that Knows it All.
Problem: Looking for a formula that will yield angle of vision subtended by a driver in an average sedan, varying with driver's height. Specify "normal" torso vs. leg relationship. (how get this?)
Ex: Driver 6' tall will see [angle]. Driver 5''7" will see [angle]. Driver 5' tall will see [angle]. Driver 4''9" will see [angle].
Not sure how to clarify "angle". In lay terms, I mean what area is covered by what [driver] can see. Taller driver will obviously see more than short driver. Is there a formula?
Referrals to helpful sites appreciated.
HB

Well, it depends on the hood height and the driver's height.

Also depends on how the seat back is tilted. And almost all seats are quite adjustable so probably no formula.

OK, specify seat back as given = right angle.
HB

The whole point is to derive a formula that can be plugged in for <x = driver's height>
Don't see that "hood height' need be only variable; driver could be looking out of side window as well.
Sigh! This is more complicated than I thought!
HB
Higgs Boson wrote:

Hi, Vertical, horizontal angles, car seat adjustment all matter I guess. Also driver's quality of vision, wearing glasses, contacts, normal near normal perfect vision?
On 3/5/2011 11:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Chuckle. As a kid, I remember regular complaints in the hilly parts of southern Indiana, that the no-passing zones on the winding 2-laners, were way too short. Turns out that the start and stop points were figured by a tall guy in a pickup truck, and short people in cars were taking it on faith that they could see and be seen by oncoming traffic. Not sure if anyone ever died because of it, but eventually a lot of them were fine-tuned.
--
aem sends...

I can't.
But for seat back angle, you just need to include theta, or sin theta, or something.

Not the same thing, but it's either Pa. or Md. that has hills you can't see over on almost-two lane roads. So you'd better darn well be all the way to the right. Pa. has a bunch of hills that were cut off at the top on those roads, but I think it also has the hills you can's see over.