OT McDonalds spoon

I bought a little hot fudge sundae at McDonalds (very good, worth the money) and it came with a unique plastic spoon, that maybe they use for shakes** too.
It has a long square hollow handle. Anyone know why it's square? Just to be memorable?
My real question is about the hook-like thing at the top. What is that for? It looks like it might be to hook the spoon to the containter a shake comes in, but if one could do that, the spoon woudln't be up against the cup. It would stick out horizontally. So what's it for?
**No shaking involved. No milk either afaik, at least not enough to call them a milkshake.

Go to Taco Bell, and get a SPORK. Seems they are the only place on earth to have sporks, and sporks are one of the greatest inventions of all time. Just think of all the time saving from doing dishes we could all save if we could buy actual metal sporks.... Why use TWO when you only need ONE.....
On 03/30/2016 10:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Close but no cigar! Finger food is the greatest invention of all time.
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 23:50:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Yes, they are. Horation Spork doesn't get near the credit he deserves. And don't they have ones with a sharp edge on one side, for cutting? (Of course you still need another one to hold the food in place, or you can use your fingers.)

What we need now is the plowl. A bowl and a plate together. Maybe the left side could be the bowl and the right side the plate.
On 3/31/2016 8:28 AM, Micky wrote:

The bowl side comes full of food, and the plate side is empty when it comes from the kitchen.
Why? Well, everyone knows the left gives out all kind of free stuff (which is expensively funded by the tax payer). The right makes you work for your food, but it sure is much more satisfying when you do earn your own keep. You go to the salad bar, and fill the plate on the right, which is far better quality food, and very healthy and strengthening.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/31/2016 8:28 AM, Micky wrote:

You might go to a Star Trek convention and get a Spock. Logically, the Spock is the right size, does what is needed, and helps you to live long and prosper.
Just don't accidentally get a Spick, which hangs out along the side of the plate. Jumps onto the back of your plate, works for a while, and then steals your lunch and runs you down with a stolen car.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

We also need a PAOT (Pan and Pot in one)...... Why wash 2 when we can wash only one. And why dont Microwaves have built in toasters, waffler irons, electric can openers, blender/food processor, crock pot, juicer, and a pizza oven. I've run out of counter space....
On 03/31/2016 08:26 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:
[snip]

Don't forget the bread and coffee makers.
On 03/31/2016 12:50 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Australia had them beat long ago:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splayd
Perce
On 03/30/2016 11:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:
[snip]

I passed a hot food vending machine once, that had a box of individually-wrapped plastic things on top. The box was labeled "Mini-Sporkette".
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

All of those fast food joints are careful not to use the word "milk". It is just a "shake". McD isn't the worst, they use soft serve ice cream. Some of those places use a bag of powder dumped into the machine in the morning, filled with water and frozen by lunch time when they start serving them. There is some milk product in there but it is not "milk" in the eyes if the dairy board.
On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 01:39:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I'll ask the cows about that. They know more than the dairy board!
On 3/31/2016 12:27 AM, Micky wrote:

Years ago, I watched a McDrone make a McFlurry. Using a fill of ice cream, and a metered measure of small M & Ms. The McDrone then stuck the hollow square handle of the spoon onto a McMachine that rotated the spoon, and stirred the mixture. They may still use those McMachines. Might answer your McQuestion, McMicky.
- . Christopher A. McYoung McLearn more about McJesus . www.lds.org . .
On 03/30/2016 11:27 PM, Micky wrote:
[snip]

I used to know someone who always called it a MELK shake. What's that? Modified elk?
--
"Those Jesus freaks, well they're friendly but, the shit they believe
has got their minds all shut." [Frank Zappa, "The Meek Shall Inherit
On 3/31/16 12:27 AM, Micky wrote:

Ya' gotta love a guy who would post a question like this in a public forum instead of just asking at McDonald's the next time he was there;-)
--
When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul’s vote.
- President Ronald Reagan