OT Maybe, Why do articles on this NG repeat?

This only appears to happen on this NG. Articles tend to repeat. Last night I read all the articles on alt.home.repair and marked them all read in Netscape 7.1. This morning there were 122 articles, of which, about 110 of them I already read previously. This doesn't appear to be happening on 3 other newsgroups. The browser didn't crash last night. I did shut down the computer last night. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
Did you click on "Read All"? If you do this, they will re-appear on some readers.
Yes I did. And I know if you click on "mark all read" and Netscape crashes, the messages will appear next time. However, this is not the case, they just keep re-appearing.
TOM KAN PA wrote:

Art Todesco wrote:

Could be an article numbering problem on the server, or perhaps your newsreader is just confused itself. If it persists try unsubscribing the group, closing the software, restart and resubscribe.

Sounds like a newsreader hiccup. I suggest Xnews.

G'day.
Dunno what you mean. Do you mean that a subject reappears? Given that they are all chains/trees of msgs, new (unread) msg added on would cause update of chain/tree to be "unread". What I can't understand is how, when viewed via google, a chain/tree will sometimes show up as multiple chains/trees, like multiple personality hit.
Regards, John