OT Maybe? Cellular Modems & Service

Page 2 of 2
On 10/13/2011 4:31 AM, SMS wrote:

Thanks. To answer your question, most RV parks have wifi, most are free. But there are times where an alternative would be nice. My usage is for email and a little web surfing, little large downloads or streaming .... after all, I would be doing this when on vacation. Just a side note, I've only paid for internet service 2 times on trips. One of these, on the west coast, was the worst internet I've had in any park. I'm planning a trip to Disney World. In their campground, they will "give" you a cable modem ($160 refundable security deposit) and for $10/day, you get high speed broadband service. So, an alternative might be in order. They priced it at just the right price where you might just go for it, and I probably will. Typically, people usually spend less than a week at Disney.
You must be a PagePlus employee. PP sounds like a good thing. It's on the Verizon 3G network, it gives 1200 voice minutes (maybe I could kill long distance on the landline) and some data (100m). Kind of small on the data, but for what I want, it might just fit. I have to weigh all the info. Right now I have a Verison phone. My phone really needs to be replaced. So, if I were to change phones to a Verizon tetherable non-smart phone (they have a few), I could add the $30/month Mobile Web on the months where I need it on the road. According to their rep, they allow you to add it and remove it with no penalties. Thanks again.