OT: Marman clamp

In researching the Marx brothers recently, I discovered that Zeppo was a very interesting person, in addition to privately being just as funny as his brothers (though for reasons of the vaudeville stage act he never developed his own comic persona). After leaving the troupe (amicably), he started a business called Marman Products, which made a number of things over the years including bicycles ... and a clamp which not only held the A-bombs dropped on Japan, but remains an industry standard: the Marman clamp. (Later he also developed a heart monitor.)
a) What differentiates a Marman clamp from an ordinary band clamp? A locking screw mechanism of some sort?
b) Are Marman *brand* clamps still produced, or is the name just generic today? The company doesn't seem to be around at all.
c) Outside of aerospace, where are Marman clamps used, and why?
Marman clamps are a heavy duty hose clamp that is still used on planes. It eliminated the need to use two hose clamps to secure a hose. It is still sold at aviation part stores. http://www.ncbuy.com/news/wireless_news.html?qdate 02-07-26&nav=VIEW&id=DG1527E643Y020726

The ones, including picture I googled, was for quick disconnect fuel lines in inch plus sizes.

It is a generic name now for the type of clamp. The patent would have run out years ago.

We use Marman clamps to hold exhaust pipes onto our test vehicles while on a dyno.