OT Making fun of the blind

Prince Philip mocks blind hero about color of his tie

Don't shoot the messenger.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Nobody has a sense of humor anymore, this politically correctness will be the end of civilization and I think that wrinkled up Royal Limey understands it. I'll bet he's a lot of fun at state dinners.

*snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Seven years ago. Lets not try to keep up with all the British tabloids now.

BTW- note the last line in that story; "Stephen,[the hero] from Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, said: "I think Prince Philip was just trying to break the ice and put me at ease."

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

When King David asked his son, Solomon, if Solomon was still putting stumbling blocks in the path of the blind, Solomon was reported to have said: "Duh! It wouldn't do any good to put them in front of someone who could see them!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Prince Philip is a closet comedian and well known for his "comments".

Like: Talking to young deaf people in Cardiff about the school's steel band: "Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf."

Here are more...

Bill

In the US, it's Joe Biden.

Biden to a man in a wheelchair, "Stand up and take a bow." "It's a three letter word: J-O-B-S."

I could go on for a very long time.

Idiots both sides of the pond, and all overpaid.

STeve

Reply to
Steve B

But it's OK for Democrats to say stupid things or mispronounce words.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I thought that was funny. Of course, someone will comment that proves I'm not Christian, or christian. Ask if I care.

I real life, one friend of mine is blind. He tripped over me one time. He said sorry, and I remarked "Oh, you weren't watching where I was going". We smile, and understood each other.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But they aren't nearly as good at that as Republicans.

Reply to
Bob F

So you admit Republicans are superior to Democrats? *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas