OT. Lunar pictures

From Wired.com http://tinyurl.com/lqtzxem The pictures were taken in advance of the moon landings.
On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:24:36 -0700, Dean Hoffman

Do you remember when France - USA relations were VERY strained. Not sure of the source of the strain but was very bad. Then France announced a moon mission to go to the moon site of the US landing, ostensibly to view the site for historical interest. Suddenly, the relations between US and France melted, along with granting of huge trade preferential treatments and concessions AND Frnce never launched that announced mission, nor ever saw it mentioned in the news again.
Want proof it was faked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuwyY2DzO2I

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:18:59 AM UTC-7, Rachael Maddow wrote:

I see the lunacy fringe is still with us.
Harry K
On 4/26/2014 12:29 PM, Harry K wrote:

Obvious joke. What is not funny, is a US congressman talking about flag blowing in the wind or something equally stupid.
On 4/26/14 9:47 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

No I don't recall that. About all I remember is the U.S.-U.S.S.R. competition. We lived on a farm and only got CBS reliably. That meant hours glued to the set watching Walter Cronkite and his model spaceships.