OT: Loud noise in the woods....

Went for a walk with my daughter in the nature preserve near our home, looking at wild flowers and hoping for some morel mushrooms. Nice path along the creek, gorgeous day, quiet woods, and suddenly there was a loud bang behind us (think potato gun). Turned around quickly, just in time to see a squirrel scurry out of the creek and back up the huge tree he had apparently just fallen from. Must have been one hell of a belly-flop. Can't even imagine a human making such a noise.

Reply to
norminn

Did you stick around to see if he did it again? Or if he had any squirrel buddies up in the tree with him? I have this image in my head of a bunch of squirrels up the tree "Hey, y'all, watch THIS!"

Reply to
Doug Miller

Has anyone checked youtube lately?

Steve ;-)