(OT) LG Cellphone browser upgrades.

Page 2 of 2
On 10/2/2015 8:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have several flip phones with removable SIM cards. Two from AT&T, one from Pac Bell Mobile which was later Cingular. Useful when traveling if your primary carrier is Verizon. Just buy a foreign prepaid SIM card.
On 10/1/2015 9:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Time to move into the 21st century.
Tracfone BYOP (bring your own phone) can be even cheaper than Tracfone with Tracfone phones. Junky smart phones can be had for $40, and decent ones for $80.
$100 for 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, and 1.2GB of data, good for a year. That's $8.33 per month.
$200 for 4500 minutes, 4500 texts, and 4.5GB of data, good for a year. That's $16.67 per month.
Everything rolls over when you extend your service, so if you have too much left over at the end of 365 days you buy a smaller refill (or just pay to extend your service with no extra minutes, texts, or data).
If I were advising someone on a low-cost smart-phone phone and service I'd tell them to buy an $80 Moto E LTE and use it on Tracfone's AT&T service. Just avoid Sprint and T-Mobile at all costs.
While Tracfone's $20/90 day refill ($6.67/month) is the least expensive option on Tracfone, it's actually a terrible deal for low-use prepaid compared to Page Plus Cellular (Verizon), which is as low as $2.50 per month ($10 every 120 days).
On 10/2/2015 12:29 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I've probably got the same phone but find browser practically useless.
See from other's post and checked mine and there is a sim card. Did not try to remove it but previously had got a cable to connect to the computer to try to get pictures off but it was not accessible.
When my flip phone finally bites the dust, as its predecessor did, I may upgrade to a smarter one.
On 10/02/2015 11:44 AM, Frank wrote:
[snip]

Usually true for those browsers. Some don't even support cookies. Anyway, I don't really like browsing on a tiny screen.

You may be able to transfer pictures and contacts with Bluetooth.
BTW, I've had more success with Linux than with Windows.

--
84 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
On 10/01/2015 11:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:
[snip]

If both phones support Bluetooth, you should be able to use it to transfer your address book. Pair them and look for an option to "send address book via Bluetooth" or something like that.
BTW, I used that to send the AB from my Verizon phone to the new Sprint phone (both flip-phones, I like the way the buttons are covered so my pocket can't make calls).