OT: Leading by example

Page 4 of 5

cick on the audio file http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=&ie=UTF-8&text=pipe&sl=en&tl=fr#

Maybe, but someone else close to the wedding says it's going to be under a million.
Maybe I think small but I don't know how people could spend even a millionn on a one-day thing, even if they tried, unless they paid for all the hotel accomodations for all the guests. Which is a possibility. At say 200 a night, 2 or 3 nights is 400 or 600 times 500 guests, for the higher number for both, that would be $300,000. Still, a lot of people will come in the day before and leave by 6 or 8 the next day, only one night of hotel. Only a very few will stay 3 nights. I don't think there are many rooms more expensive than that around there. In fact there aren't enough hotel rooms altogether. That might have saved them money, but it also have caused them to rent big houses for a week instead of just 2 nights. While the hosts don't usually pay, they do find the guests enough hotel or other space to hold them all. Since you can't expect guests to pay for a week -- even if they have plenty money, I think it's rude -- maybe they did get dragged into paying for weekly rentals. And maybe the Clintons were gouged on the price when real estate agents for landlords figured out how big the demand would be. I'll bet this part caught the Clintons by surprise.
I've been to weddings where my hotel was not paid for, but I didn't have to spend a penny for the whole weekend. All the meals were provided, and there was something to do all the time. Actually, in two cases it was a problem, because I had rented a car and wanted to go sight-seeing. So I had enough of my family and sight-saw for about 4 hours each time.
Apparentely the tents can cost more than 400,000 dollars. The food is another big cost.
The news says they gave a bottle of wine to ... not sure if it's every famiily nearby or every family in Rhineback, which has 3000 in the village and 8000 in the town. Plus the cost of getting it delivered.

Don't worry. The Clintons aren't spending a dime of their own personal money.
Steve

Yeah, but...
Does the groom realize that in a few short years his bride will probably look a lot like his mutha-in-law?

...and smoke the cigars.

== You mean ol' Hippo Hips Hillary? That's a hard-hearted mamma if I ever saw one. ==
Tony Hwang wrote:

What freaking difference does it make? If I was inviting Madeline Albright and Ted Danson, I'd spend a lot of dough, too. Of course, they could have held the reception in a church basement and had pot luck :o)
The three mil is probably a movie magazine estimate.
Tony Hwang wrote:

What vacuous things do you read or watch? Leave the kid alone. It's not like she chose her parents.

All of them, I read or watch all of them'
You are Katie Couric and I claim my tea bags

Tony Hwang is so dumb he got fired from the M&M's factory for throwing out all the W's.

Tony Hwang is so dumb he got fired from the M&M's factory for throwing out all the W's.
============================================================================ So now it's W's fault! 8-)

Ackkkkk!
I just saw the wedding pictures.
When she was young she was funny looking and then she got kind of hot looking but now she looks down right scary.
It reminds me of that skit Conan used to do: What if Hillary and Bill had a baby?

Wait five years and a couple of kids if you think she's scary now. Neither of them is what I call photogenic. But then, Bill and Hillary used a photo of Chelsea for birth control, and that seemed to work ............
All that work and money, and did you see HIS hair? Did he do that on purpose?
Steve
-snip-

Just a note from someone who has also survived a little heart crap. It amazes me how many folks who don't like the Clintons for whatever reason are so fixated on this girls wedding.
I'll say right up front that I have ended up liking Hillary as SOS. I admire Bill as a politician, and abhor him as a human being. I think he did an OK job as president. And as for Chelsea, I agree with some wag who said yesterday that she was the ugly duckling that grew into a swan. I think she's a good looking young lady -- and she damn sure is smart, and from all outward appearances, managed to grow into a well adjusted adult against all odds- parents and circumstances considered.
All that said-- I haven't seen anything on that wedding & I've watched a few hours of TV today. I have no idea whose hair has you all in a tizzy.
Oh- back to the heart-- Get your TV one of those digital boxes that let you fast forward through crap you don't want to watch. It is good for your blood pressure. It has worked for me today- and I had to fast forward through a whole lot of 2 regular Sunday shows. But I just don't care about the girl's wedding.
Same goes for all the other twits who are so upset by a private citizen's *private* affairs. You all sound like a bunch of old ladies gossiping after church. Jim

Well, it IS after church, and there's not too much else to do today. I shall comment all I want on an event that I think I helped pay for. Bubba made some money on all of us during his administration, and continues to do so. Good thing for government jobs, or the whole family would be back in Arkansas doing Lord knows what. You will have to admit, they did better than the average human when it came to land deals and cattle futures. And didn't even have to tip the piper. They are both a couple of repugnant human beings, and the fruit does not fall far from the tree.
FYI, my comments were about Marc's hair.
Steve

It's worse than that. HillBilly aren't paying for it, FWIG. It's another kickback from Uncle George.

Not my type.
On 8/1/2010 2:11 PM snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz spake thus:

And you know this how?
Oh, one of your rightwing talk-show hosts must have told you so, so of course you believe it's true, correct?

The news I miss missing.

Nope. It's the weekend.
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 13:56:08 -0700, "Steve B"
It was a Jewish wedding and the boy is wearing a yarmulke. It's not his hair. It's one of those skull caps.

wrote Re Re: Leading by example:

I'm talking about the rest of his hair. The part on his bangs, temple, and neck. It looks like it was cut by someone with a shaky hand and a pair of pinking shears.
Steve