OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV

Page 3 of 3

I've got Dish and it's pretty much the same. Service is not the reason I don't like Dish.

We just had a remote control die. They shipped a replacement out to use next-day.

The only alternative here is Charter Cable (just ran the wires past our house in the last month or two). The people I know who have them are extremely unhappy with the service so we're not likely to change.

Yup.
Mr. Local is all but nonexistent here. Mr. Internet gets most of the non-essential business.

From what I've heard from others, yes, they would have. You can always ask about it on alt.dbs.directv
No matter what the product, new customers often get a good deal to sign up. Cell phone, oil delivery, magazines; they all do it.