OT (kinda) Quick Pole Regarding Dish Network vs Direct TV

In this area all work is done by small companies - people you can look at face-to-face. This group is out of Chanute and handle all sales and installations ourselves. That's OK - we are rural. The two 800 phone calls I made put me in Phoenix and Philadelphia.

I might take the POLE (mast) option rather than attach to the house. We have a flower bed with direct thru-wall access from the unfinished part of the basement where the cable circuits terminate now. One of the 4-5 foot masts keeps it down out of the occasional 60-80+ mph thunderstorm winds and off of new house finish.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

The guy who installed my Dish system knew a lot about Dish but his knowledge of the National Electrical Code was pretty bad I ended up doing all the dish grounding myself.

Reply to
gfretwell