OT -- keeping old floppy disks

Page 3 of 3
On Feb 19, 3:25pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Floppy disk go bad with age. I wouldn't be surprised they already are.
Jimmie
I can imagine, that's probably true.
Floppy disk go bad with age. I wouldn't be surprised they already are.
Jimmie
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You may already be shit outta luck already. Transfer any data you need NOW, floppies have a very short shelf life.
And yes, destroy them after you get the data.
I'll get right on it, and do what I can. For some reason, IIRC, when I got my last machine, I got a CD burner for it, and transferred a lot of my data to CD/RW.
Makes me wonder what I had several years ago, that might even be relevant to today? Resume for jobs that I no longer care about. I'm worrying about things that don't make any difference? Wouldn't be the first time, I'm sure.