OT, Jonathan Winters, RIP

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O
http://www.jonathanwinters.com/
TDD
On Friday, April 12, 2013 2:32:14 PM UTC-5, The Daring Dufas wrote:

An amazing talent...I remember staying up late (on a school night) to see him on the Jack Paar/Tonight Show. You will be missed!

Indeed. His characters hit home and he could turn any object he picked up into something funny and amazing. I spent an evening last week just looking at clips on YouTube.
Tomsic

Another *true* treasure lost RIP

He had "issues", but don't all "good" comedians?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ9N7oCKC1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHZKlQJI_c

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:32:14 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I agree. It takes talent to be clean and funny.
A lot of people will laugh at any mention of a profane word, so it doesn't take much talent to entertain them if one is willing to use profanity. .
Married for 60 years to one woman, until she died.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Winters
US Judges are the enemy wrote:

That would be Rush Limbaugh.

My favorite Winters role was a "straight" one -- playing a deceased "Minnesota Fats" type pool champ, who comes back from the dead to satisfy a challenge from a young turk (played by Jack Klugman).
Excellent Twilight Zone episode, available free for viewing on the net...