OT, Jonathan Winters, RIP

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

An amazing talent...I remember staying up late (on a school night) to see him on the Jack Paar/Tonight Show. You will be missed!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Indeed. His characters hit home and he could turn any object he picked up into something funny and amazing. I spent an evening last week just looking at clips on YouTube.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic

Another *true* treasure lost RIP

Reply to
ChairMan

He had "issues", but don't all "good" comedians?

Reply to
ChairMan

Home Guy

I agree. It takes talent to be clean and funny.

A lot of people will laugh at any mention of a profane word, so it doesn't take much talent to entertain them if one is willing to use profanity. .

Married for 60 years to one woman, until she died.

micky

That would be Rush Limbaugh.

Reply to
Home Guy

My favorite Winters role was a "straight" one -- playing a deceased "Minnesota Fats" type pool champ, who comes back from the dead to satisfy a challenge from a young turk (played by Jack Klugman).

Excellent Twilight Zone episode, available free for viewing on the net...

Reply to
John Albert