OT: Joe the Plumber wins primary

Page 1 of 3
"Joe the Plumber, aka Samuel Wurzelbacher, won his Congressional district in the GOP primary in Ohio. Wurzelbacher will now face US Rep. Marcy Kaptur in November."
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/From-the-Wires/2012/0307/Joe-the-Plumber-wins-Ohio-primary-faces-tough-race-in-November
I'd be for a congressional candidate who knew, you know, how to actually FIX something.
His Democratic opponent, Marcy Kaptur, defeated Dennis Kucinich for her party's nomination yesterday.

The bigger story here is that Kucinich got beat in the Dem primary? Cleveland's finally had enough of him? Doesn't sound too promising for the ultra libs.

Apparently, the redistricting manipulated Kucinich to face her in a new district where she was established, and he less well known. Ohio lost 2 seats in the census.
IIRC, Joe the plumber is a bit of a plant with less than savory connotations. Will be an interesting race, perhaps, but I will not bet my flux on Joe.
--
Best regards
Han

Kucinich "Less well known" He used to be the Mayor of Cleveland for crying out loud

We hired a totally unskilled community activist to run the country, so why not give someone who has had success in a trade the chance to do better in politics?
Joe
On 3/7/2012 2:43 PM, Joe wrote:

At least my plumber understands business. You have to take the best you can.

Yeah, I'm sure Joe knows that you can't keep borrowing 40% of what you spend. Just that little bit of common sense is more than most in Congress and the WH have.

Joe is an employee of a plumbing company and will be up against the Democratic incumbent in this redistricted area of Ohio. Even though I'd like to get as close to a balanced budget as possible, what are you proposing to cut? My conclusion will be that Joe is a sacrificial Republican buffoon, but we'll see what happens in November.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Good question:
1. Eliminate the Department of Education 2. Eliminate the Department of Labor 3. Eliminate the Department of Energy 4. Eliminate the Environmental Protection Agency 5. Elimanate the Battle Monuments Commission

Plenty of corrections can be made here

Plenty of corrections can be made here

Roll into DoD

No way jose

OK
No
No
Cut down DoD to bare minimum
Eliminate Homeland Security

<??>
--
Best regards
Han

Agree that we should honor those who served to the best of our ability. But does it have to go through a Federal Budget committee? Seems that a grant to organizations like VFW would suffice.
--
Best regards
Han

I also mention that the amount of the tax expenditures going to non-corp and non-1% dwarf the amount of tax expenditures going to normal folk. This is another smoke screen if you are really interested in loop holes. Heck you have to get all the way to 8 or 9th biggest tax expenditure until you get to the first one for business and that is one that is used quite heavily by small businesses, too. Lower revenues COMBINED with Increased spending are what equal higher deficits. Lower revenues are also a function of general economy. Looking at the last 10 years, revenues went up until the economy tanked. Then they went down. Also, if you look at the actual revenue, revenue from the top 10% is very volatile (actually has been for decades) since things like cap gains, etc., tend to go down in economic downturns at much greater rate than does (for lack of a better term) "plain income." s

And yet you cling to the REALLY obvious falsity that revenue is the only factor in the deficit. I mean they call it deficit SPENDING for a reason.
Robert Green wrote:

Most of Mitt's income, as you say, comes from investments. It's the investments that do the work.

Or they will move. The Wall Street Journal had an opinion piece some time back about a chap who moved from New York to Florida to save on taxes. He saved over $13,000. Per DAY.
Recently and without fanfare, a talk radio host - who makes millions per year - did the exact same thing.

If it gets split up as suggested there, should it be split along party lines? Give Alaska to the Reps, the rest to the Dems <BIG bad grin>.
I figured that antagonism to some of the perceived left of center judges played a role in your judgment. From your link it appears that the judges are fairly equally appointed between Reps and Dems.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

A HUGE percentage of appealed cases (like 79%) from the 9th Circuit result in reversals or vacates. The common perception is that the 9th is a "rouge circuit." (There are eleven "circuits," plus the D.C. Circuit and the Federal Circuit. The latter handles cases of patents, admiralty, etc.)

I heard that before, but how can that be if the judges are equally appointed by Reagan and Bushes vs Carter and Clinton?
--
Best regards
Han

Quite posiible, but I like to keep discourse as polite as my conscience will let it be. Moreover, there was a little bit of 9th is way out on Wikipedia, not that that is the keeper of truth.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

The main court is located in San Francisco. I think the problem must be with the water.

The 3 times I was in San Francisco attending the American Society of Hematology annual meeting, I had no problem with the water, so that can't be the problem. And as far as reversals is concerned, that seems average for circuit courts too. Maybe it's the eye of the beholder?
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

No, it really could be the problem - pardon me for saying so, but you evidence some of the symptoms. I think you'll get over it if you refrain from further contamination.
When I visit San Francisco, I drink only branch water (or distilled water) and bourbon.
To preserve my precious bodily fluids.