OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand

Page 4 of 4

On 8/15/2010 5:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I remember watching the original Battlestar Galactica, the episode when they finally find Earth. They were watching the crowded freeway in LA when one of the pilots said something to the effect, "Look at the tight formation, they must have good computers." 8-)
TDD

Of course they make his story less credible. You have passengers saying he was rude, had blood shot eyes and was behaving oddly from the time the flight began. You have a passenger that overheard his interaction with the women who supposedly set him off saying that the flight attendant started it and was the first to use vulgarity. You have a Jet Blue memo that says they can't find evidence to support his claim. You have another passenger who said the FA told him to put his seat upright for landing. He told him it already was upright. Whereupon, the FA reaches across, pushes the button and slams the back of his seat as hard as he could. The seat didn't move because it was already up. In short, with dozens of the passengers having been interviewed, a lot of information has been obtained that makes his story less credible. And so far, nothing has come out that confirms his story. I've been on plenty of planes and can tell you when a passenger is being obnoxious, the other passengers quickly become aware of it and concerned by it. Yet, no one is saying the woman was out of control, except apparently, this one FA.
Why you'd jump to the defense of a loon who could have killed ground personnel by his reckless action is beyond me. And clearly saying nothing learned from more witnesses does anything to make his story less credible is wrong.

Yeah, OJ's actions were all explained away too. The FA's actions will likely be explained too. He was probably intoxicated before the flight began. If you're just flipped out and jump off a slide, tell me this, why would you grab two beers to take with you? Answer: Likely because you're already half drunk and want the party to continue. His being under the influence of something seems to me a lot more likely than his BS story.

I'd say the report given by the other passenger who overheard the incident and said that the FA started it and was the first to use vulgarity does directly implicate him. And many of the others add to the case that he was behaving oddly.
Does anyone know what laws or regulations there are that control the flight crew's leaving an airplane? For instance, a sailor cannot leave the ship until permission is given by the captain. Is this also true for flight crews?
=

The Code of Federal Regulations may apply (lawyer speak for what Congress meant).
Some agency policies (Post Orders) say you cannot abandon your post.

Fuck that. When it's time to go, it's time to go.

You need to retake your on line law degree. There is no law saying that a merchant sailor cannot leave a ship without the captains permission. Involuntary servitude was outlawed by the Thirteenth Amendment to the US constitution. -- Tom Horne