OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand

I'm considered an evil heretic here in Alabamastan because I don't care one tiny bit about football. If football disappeared tomorrow, the only effect on me would be the irritation of having to listen to a bunch of grown men whining about having to spend time with their wives and girlfriends on shopping trips and such. GEEZ!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I was referring to the 1960's, perhaps the highways were a bit different back then. Their first automobiles were Model T's like my father's first car. My first car would wind up to 60mph in first gear.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I remember watching the original Battlestar Galactica, the episode when they finally find Earth. They were watching the crowded freeway in LA when one of the pilots said something to the effect, "Look at the tight formation, they must have good computers." 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

t things about

her being able to

I like to watch football but that time of year I always seem to have better things to do. I haven't watched seriously in five years. I came from the Big-10, so the SEC is just evil. ;-) BTW, SWMBO doesn't like football at all, since we moved here. The city is a mess on weekends. 87000 drunk football fans in an area no larger isn't much fun. ...unless you're one of them. ;-)

Reply to
keith

r being able to

I was in the area (my brother lived in the Philly 'burbs on the NJ side) in the mid-'70s. I think I'm the only one in history to get a speeding ticket for 60 in a 55, on the Jersey Pike.

Reply to
keith

You need to retake your on line law degree. There is no law saying that a merchant sailor cannot leave a ship without the captains permission. Involuntary servitude was outlawed by the Thirteenth Amendment to the US constitution.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Tom Horne