OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand

Page 3 of 4

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 15:00:59 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Something not mentioned yet, is employee "burnout". Years ago we had class sessions on how to avoid it. Burnout starts to come around in 10-12 years on the job. At 20-25 years people avoid you!
SWMBO says she now understands what "cabin fever" is after living up "nawth" in the harsh winters.

I lived in the North until two years ago. One of the nicest things about living in the South now isn't so much the warmer Winters, rather being able to see the sun once in a while.
On 8/14/2010 7:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

One of my grownup girlfriends was having a problem with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) when she lived in Spokane, WA. She got one of those full spectrum lights to spend time under when she was reading or knitting and it seemed to help. Now she's back in Alabamastan and breathing a sigh of relief for many reasons.
TDD
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas

It didn't make me SAD for my taxes to drop by more than half (property tax dropped by 75%), either. ;-)
On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

You must have been in New Jersey. I have Yankee cousins there and in New York and Long Island.
TDD
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Vermont (and NY before that)
On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Those Damn Yankees come down here to Alabamastan and we can't get them to go home. That's why we've been actively promoting all of those terrible stereotypes with the banjo music, toothless terrorists, lynchings and racial strife to scare them off. It doesn't work, when they get here and discover that everything they thought they knew about the Southeast was a bucket of Hollywood hogwash, they won't go away. We're being invaded by the North again. 8-)
TDD
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I bet you wouldn't like it if I told you that I was born and raised in Obamastan. ;-) I now live about 100mi down the road from you. I hope I didn't spoil your weekend.
On 8/15/2010 3:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Are you down around Monkey Town where Goat Hill is? On some maps, it's Montgomery. 8-)
TDD
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:00:06 -0500, The Daring Dufas

No, down US280; Auburn area.
On 8/15/2010 5:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

OH MY GOD! An Auburn fan?! 8-)
TDD
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:14:37 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Who me? I don't even like the SEC. ;-)
On 8/15/2010 5:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I'm considered an evil heretic here in Alabamastan because I don't care one tiny bit about football. If football disappeared tomorrow, the only effect on me would be the irritation of having to listen to a bunch of grown men whining about having to spend time with their wives and girlfriends on shopping trips and such. GEEZ!
TDD
On Aug 16, 12:38am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-

I like to watch football but that time of year I always seem to have better things to do. I haven't watched seriously in five years. I came from the Big-10, so the SEC is just evil. ;-) BTW, SWMBO doesn't like football at all, since we moved here. The city is a mess on weekends. 87000 drunk football fans in an area no larger isn't much fun. ...unless you're one of them. ;-)
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I could live with the Snow Birds for a short duration. They would go home, eventually. Mostly I got ticked off when they stopped in the road -- acting as if lost.
Those Damn Yankees, well the stay in the south and form HOA's.
On 8/15/2010 4:48 PM, Oren wrote:

I remember my maternal great aunt and uncle visiting us on the mountain in NE Alabamastan back in the 1960's from New Jersey. They were freaked out by the speed of the vehicles on our uncrowded interstate highways. They were hysterically funny, I think it was the culture shock.
TDD
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:12:31 -0500, The Daring Dufas

They were freaked by the uncrowded highways, not the speed. Have you ever driven on the Jersey Pike? 90MPH bumper-to-bumper, and 2" from a Jersey barrier.
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:51:12 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

I have driven that route. I have In Laws and Out Laws in Jersey. They just tell me what exit to get off on. After that it would be, go past the third windmill on the left.
On 8/15/2010 5:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I was referring to the 1960's, perhaps the highways were a bit different back then. Their first automobiles were Model T's like my father's first car. My first car would wind up to 60mph in first gear.
TDD
On Aug 16, 12:42am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-

I was in the area (my brother lived in the Philly 'burbs on the NJ side) in the mid-'70s. I think I'm the only one in history to get a speeding ticket for 60 in a 55, on the Jersey Pike.