OT: It may snow

<uuuggghhh>
Burn On!!!!!
wrote Re Re: UPDATE: It may snow:

Any weather, anywhere, anytime fits the model. When you "normalize" the data, you can make it fit anything.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.

Ask the mountain firefighters if they believe in GW. Here in Central TX we're living the results. When it's staring you in the face it's hard to deny that weather is changing. Is it CO2? I donno? Is there a conspiracy? Yeah.....they are all trying to steal your money with this fantastic plan to melt the ice caps. They are up there right now with hair dryers. I've seen um'.
Jim
I could send you a couple damn yankees to show you how to drive?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 20:53:43 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Back in the 80's I was stationed in South Texas when we had a snow event. Those of us who were from up north stashed our cars inside the garages. Then we grabbed some lawn chairs and proceeded to watch the show develop at the intersections. What a riot! Stunned drivers totally unaware why their cars slid all the way across.
Nice thing about Texas weather was 24 hours later there was hardly any evidence snow had even been there.
Jim wrote:

I can't stop laughing when I watch Southerners don't know how to drive on ice/snow. When my daughter was traveling across Australia, snow fell in Western Australia, bus driver didn't know what to do. She drove the bus until they cler the snowed area. She was not even 20 then just sophomore at UBC. Driving fast, anybody can do, stopping is a different thing.
Tony Hwang wrote:

When my daughter had her learners permit every snowy chance we had we would go to a big parking lot where the business was closed. Taught her how to do donuts and all kinds of fun in the snow. She didn't realize how important of a lessen she was getting when she learned to *control* the donuts and other maneuvers.
Sooner or later it'll snow.
Tony wrote:

I signed up all three of our children to take drivers' ed in the winter, specifically so that they would have experience driving on ice....didn't snow at all.
When my father taught me to drive, the first excursions were in nearly empty, large parking lots at a county park. First time on a public street was an expressway in Chicago at rush hour.....guess if I didn't survive, it would be over sooner rather than later :o) I didn't know enough to be worried....just did as he told me.
Tony wrote:

I tried to do that on my own, when I first got my license. Big empty lot, no traffic, late at night. The cop that rousted me told me he would write me up for reckless driving if he ever saw me doing it again.
-- aem sends...
HeyBub wrote:

damn global warming i suppose... LMMFAO!!