OT - Israel and Gaza doing a lot of home repairs

I'll admit, I don't remember which show. Might have been Sean Hannity. The radio host is talking to someone, about the Israel Iron Dome, and the Israel firing into the Gaza. I was astounded to hear that the Israel will telephone the target, and tell them to get the civilians out. Then, they fire a light weight, non damaging missile, and then only later fire real missiles.
No other army has taken so much care to avoid civilian injuries. Seems though, the militants would answer the phone, and beat feet out.
Sounds like the Palestine folks are increasing their efforts to destroy Israel. I sense this is not good for the world.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:41:28 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Take a look at what started this latest episode. Three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped and their bodies were found two weeks later. Hamas, which is the govt of Gaza, saluted whoever did it as they have similarly saluted terrorist and murderous acts in the past. Israel has named two Hamas members as suspects, but the Palestinian authorities say they don't know where they are, they can't be found.
In retaliation, some Israeli nuts apparently kidnapped and killed a Palestinian teenager. Israel quickly condemned it and said they would be brought to justice. Within a week, 3 suspects were arrested and are in jail facing charges.
See the difference? If the Palestinians had adopted the method of Ghandi, they would have had a country long ago. Instead, at every turn, they make the wrong choice. The last huge mistake they made was electing Hamas, a terrorist organization, as their govt. IMO when you elect Hamas and then wind up getting bombed to defang them, you should be placing the blame on those that voted for them.
On 7/19/2014 8:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Over the years, when the USA Republicans have a scandal, they deal with it and punish those responsible. The Dems tend to stall, deny, and accuse. I see a parallel, here. Must be Israel is Republican?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 07/19/2014 08:48 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I am not a crook!
On 7/19/2014 9:07 AM, Richard Nixon wrote:

Where's that twenty bucks you stole from me when I was wiring in your microphone sound system in the white house?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/19/2014 8:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Hey, just for fun. Role reversal.
Supposing a bunch of Jews had gone and killed some Palestines. Obama urges Palestine to act with restraint. Palestine locks up its citizens, while Israel bombs civilian targets in Gaza. Obama urges Gaza to act with restraint, while Jews go into the strip and kill women and children with hand grenades.
Naah, never happen.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 8:50:57 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Mark Levin did a bit of satire last night. You know how Obama is calling up Netenyahu, expressing concern about casualties, issuing advice about restraint, etc? Levin went through a call where Netenyahu calls Obama expressing concern about casualties and Americans dying at the VA.
On 7/19/2014 8:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I guess, when we can't change the political mess, we can at least laugh.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 5:30:37 AM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:

,

It's true that Hamas got voted in, partly on the strength of their so-calle d "social services" But the mai reason is that Palestinians were so *****i ng sick of Fatah, which Yassir Arafat ran out of a little black book in his coat pocket. The corruption was so extreme that even the passive Palestini ans finally had a snoot full. ] Unfortunately, Hamas quickly showed its true colors as a group of terrorist thugs, dedicated to the destruction of its neighbor. Incidentally, the co rruption of Hamas makes Arafat's cronyism look like honest Quakers. Untold millions have been siphoned off and sent somewhere "safe". While Hamas de ludes the easily manipulated world into believing Israel is starving them, depriving them of water, electricity, etc. It's easy for "regular" Jew hat ers to swallow this -- confirmation bias -- but it's harder to understand w hy normal people buy into their cynical myth.
HB
On 7/19/2014 6:44 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

strength of their so-called "social services" But the mai reason is that Palestinians were so *****ing sick of Fatah, which Yassir Arafat ran out of a little black book in his coat pocket. The corruption was so extreme that even the passive Palestinians finally had a snoot full.

as a group of terrorist thugs, dedicated to the destruction of its neighbor. Incidentally, the corruption of Hamas makes Arafat's cronyism look like honest Quakers. Untold millions have been siphoned off and sent somewhere "safe". While Hamas deludes the easily manipulated world into believing Israel is starving them, depriving them of water, electricity, etc. It's easy for "regular" Jew haters to swallow this -- confirmation bias -- but it's harder to understand why normal people buy into their cynical myth.

Are there two people who use your computer? The last person said there is no moral difference between Israel and Palestine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 4:20:23 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Find me the word "moral" in my post.
I am leaning over backwards to state that the West and the Arabs have different values. What those values are should be clear to any observer.
Re: Bush, he was completely ignorant of anything except cutting brush on his ranch, so was easily manipulated by his hawks who had their own agenda. Obama is not so easily excused trying to clean up that mess, being an educated man with a good mind but not a good set of cojones.
HB

trader_4 wrote:

They would have had shit long ago. Gandhi's technique worked because Britain was old, tired, and broke. The same era saw Britain losing their will in the middle East, the consequences of which are still coming home to roost.
On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 08:48:15 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I didn't see THAT last sentence coming! I thought you were going in the direction of "Our fearless leader must be Hamas." Either one fits, though.
On 7/19/2014 3:40 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I'll admit, there have been at least a few things in the recent six or so years, I'd never have expected.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/19/2014 7:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Take a nap for 300 years and when you awaken, they will still be fighting.
On 7/19/2014 5:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Did you get that wisdom from Rip your Throat Out Van Winkle? He was the Dutchman who refused to convert.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:12:55 PM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

.
You're right, but not because Israel wants to fight. They just want to be left alone and not have to build walls to keep suicide bombers out and stat ion anti-missile batteries all over the country to blow up rockets before t hey hit.
It's the ARABS who have fighting in their blood, going back to pre-Islamic times when "honor" mean Bedouins raiding their neighbor's camels. I mentio ned a book above which has a historical analysis of Arab fighting, before & after Islam. Called "The Arab Mind" by Patai
The Arab nations are always fighting EACH OTHER. Scholars have made long l ists of who fought with whom over the centuries. Today they are still figh ting, but with bigger toys. Partly religious-based (Sunni vs Shi'a) based on who was supposed to be the successor to Mohammed; partly due to Arab tra dition of fighting.
HB
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 4:41:28 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't be so astounded. These are Jews, not Arabs. They just want the rock ets to stop, whereas the Arabs from Day One have wanted Israel out of there by any means necessary. Including murdering teenage hitchhikers.
People -- including the "highest reaches of government" (hah!) are absolute ly clueless as to the differences between Arabs and the West (Israel is a W estern country.) Hundreds of scholars, Western and Arab, have devoted thei r careers to studying the Arab mind, starting way before Mohammed and Islam e -- back to the Berbers. If anyone in govt had been educated, they might not have let Bush start his illegal wars, and "Hamlet" Obama waver about Ir aq, and on and on.
To say there are differences is NOT to say one is better or worse; it is si mply to lay out, from historical records, how the values of Arab society ha ve been expressed over time, from the Bedouin era through the Golden Age, t hrough the Turkish overlordship through the British Mandate, through Israel Independence, up to the present day. Very illuminating!
An excellent, accessible reference is "The Arab Mind" by the late, great Ar abist Raphael Patai, who studied and lived with Arabs from an early age.
HB

On 7/19/2014 6:38 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

CY: Who's astounded? It's part of the Palestine charter, I've heard, to destroy Israel.
These are Jews, not Arabs. They just want the rockets to stop, whereas the Arabs from Day One have wanted Israel out of there by any means necessary. Including murdering teenage hitchhikers.
CY: Right, the Jews would like to be left alone.

(hah!) are absolutely clueless as to the differences between Arabs and the West (Israel is a Western country.)
CY: That's also my sense.
Hundreds of scholars, Western and Arab, have devoted their careers to studying the Arab mind, starting way before Mohammed and Islame -- back to the Berbers. If anyone in govt had been educated, they might not have let Bush start his illegal wars, and "Hamlet" Obama waver about Iraq, and on and on.
CY: Can't make it through an entire post, without slamming Bush?

or worse;
CY: Ah, so hard working people who offer free medical care to folks like Bridgitte Gabriel are no worse or better than folks who bomb citizens, send in snipers, cut off peoples heads, and vow to exterminate entire countries? I guess in your personal life, you are friends with a Frenchman from Doctors Without Borders who vacations in Sudan, bringing medical care to orphans. And since there is no difference, you have friends who have committed mass axe murder and who vow to kill everyone in your city, man woman and child?
it is simply to lay out, from historical records, how the values of Arab society have been expressed over time, from the Bedouin era through the Golden Age, through the Turkish overlordship through the British Mandate, through Israel Independence, up to the present day. Very illuminating!
CY: And how often have the Arabs sworn to wipe out the infidel?

late, great Arabist Raphael Patai, who studied and lived with Arabs from an early age.
CY: Yeah, and he's dead now....

--
.
Christopher A. Young