(OT) Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone?

I had a dust up with AT&T several years ago about a bill for my business phone that I did not owe.

They pestered me so much that they violated federal law and I was going to sue in magistrates court but when I called the court about filing they passed it off to the state ag who got them off my back.

I cancelled ld service with AT&T on my home phone and tore up their credit card.

They offered me $40 to get back my home service.

I shy away from AT&T and its child Verizon who still have the old phone company ethic of, "We're the only business in town - take it or leave it."

Reply to
Frank

jasper smith posted for all of us...

Do you know the number for Bumfuck, AZ? The OP doesn't either, that's why he posed the question.

Reply to
Tekkie®

That's why you use a real e-mail client and download your emai; off the server. Once it is on your computer, it is YOURS.

Reply to
clare

You STUPID SON OF A BITCH, he's only 20 miles from home, his local chamber of commerce could still help him find a phone number, YOU IDIOT ASS TURD.

Just because YOU go to Bumfuck , AZ doesn't mean that's where he is.

Reply to
jasper smith

jasper smith posted for all of us...

need a phone number or information. Every time I call they act so happy to have something to do it's like they were just waiting for someone to call.

r of commerce could still help him find a phone number, YOU IDIOT ASS TURD.

BWAAA hit a nerve there Jasper... Does he know the phone number of the 20 mile away CofC? I don't think so and neither do you asshat. Your turn smegmaface.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Tekkie® brought next idea :

Now now girls.....behave yourselves.

Reply to
Eagle

You're a dumb ass idiot. He can call his own chamber of commerce, they've got phone books there. It's only 20 miles away. All towns that close together have listings for each town in a multi area phone book. For a tekkie you sure are stupid. Go back to Illinois.

Reply to
jasper smith

verizon FIOS customer service policy.

we dont give a hoot about customer service satisfaction.

so your fios phone hasnt worked dependbly in 3 months? well its your home wiring. its the only excuse we have and were sticking too it.

look your under a 2 year contract, even if your phone fails to function we wouldnt let you out of the contract.

we do promise to solicit you for more service constantly, by mail by phone and verizons favorite, a rep at your door at dinner time.

we refuse to remove you from being solicited, even after the customer sends certified mail to the verizons presidents office.

so your new FIOS phone set up is just 2 months old and the back up battery has failed? sucks to be you theres no warranty on that battery.

we see you called and cancelled your business lines outgoing call package.

so we canceled your business line twice and put up the message, this line is no longer in service, no futher information is available. this way your customers believe your out of business. we at verizon really dont care .........

dont laugh this all occured to me. not only did i cancell everything verizon landine i insisted they remove all their equiptement including their copper drop. verizon refused.

so i promised them a big banner in my front yard VERIZON FIOS SUCKS. was going to put up a local radio station talking about my verizon experiences like some realtors use.

verizon removed everything.

oh and the cause of my troubles? a bad noisey router in their central office

Reply to
bob haller