OT Is it an hour later yet?

Page 2 of 2

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:26:38 -0500, Mark Lloyd

You're right. Verizon DSL!

mm inspired greatness with:

Wow.... You are really confused. In case you still have not figured any of this out, I'll lay it out for you:
Remember - time servers always output UTC , a.k.a - Zulu time or GMT (should be CUT or UCT - blame the French - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time
Since you're using Agent as your newsreader, I'll assume you are using a Windows O/S... That information would have really helped out when you started this thread. But perhaps you use a Linux emulator like WINE, or the MAC equivalent.
You are running a version other than XP or Vista, most likely. XP has a patch they sent out in automatic updates a long time ago - Vista does not need a patch. That's why your friends PC updated itself.
Someone already gave you the correct answer regarding tzedit, it's here:
"Did you also change your current time zone in "Date/Time" to something other than your current time zone, then change it back?
Tzedit changes your registry settings, but in order to get those changes re-read into the OS, it's necessary to change your time zone in "Date/Time" in the Control Panel to something different, than change it back.
It's all explained here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid 4387"
<snip>
Good luck, and remember to charge your fluxcapacitor.

I may be mistaken but I am not confused. Do you see the difference?

Do you really think it possible that I haven't figured out "any of this"?
I hate to tell you this but there is only one new thing in the post that follows and it may well be irrelevant.

Someone already said that.

The first post was meant to be humorous. Please see the Subject.

I know. I read his post, and I've replied to it. It came out after my post that you are answering.

You felt the need to repost 7 lines of it? Somehow you really annoy me.

mm inspired greatness with:

Yeah, well - that's the breaks.. Of the thousands US Usenet users, there are only one or two in each group that have a problem setting their clocks.... Maybe they are the annoyances, don't ya think?
I posted too quickly.

Don't you at least have to accept the updates when they are offered? My friend generally doesn't do or accept updates to anything.

Not if you have automatic updates configured, no. That's what "automatic" means...
--
Regards,
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:37:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Makes sense. I guess you're right. Well, I'm sending her a copy of this and the previous post, so maybe I'll find out. Maybe if she sees some benefit from updates, she'll take them.

I can't answer your question. I want to know the location of a bank where I can deposit my daylight savings. And how is interest on my account compounded?
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----

I know that Chemical Bank in NYC is a good place to deposit chemicals. Even if you deposit money, you have to bring in beakers and flasks to get your interest.
And at the Amalgamated Clothing bank, if you deposit a mink stole, in about 30 years you can withdraw a mink coat.

I tend to laugh quietly whenever I hear about Daylight Saving Time (whether misspelled or not). It looks like people are so stupid they think they're actually SAVING something, rather than just playing mind games with themselves.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

There are supposed to be a whole bunch of studies that show savings in energy. I never have actually seen WHERE, although I would guess most of it is probably not having to turn on lights until later.

Anybody can make a mistake. Why would anyone think this is anything other than doing things earlier?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd inspired greatness with:

It has something to do with play with solstice times. It artificially extends working hours to late into the night, you know -when it gets dark at 9:00 PM as opposed to 8:00 PM, the great minds figure more productivity can be garnered because the morning light is still @ ~~ 6:00 AM (when the rooster cock-a-doodle-dooes).
Myself, I am more likely to work till 7 or 8 PM because there is more light-- It's a psychological thing- I want to be home before it's too dark, and since I don't punch a time clock - I get more productive daylight hours. In the winter, I want to be home by 6:00PM - because it's dark by then.