OT Interesting video. (WW2 restoration project).

http://videos2view.net/PT658.htm
On 4/13/2013 12:04 PM, harry wrote:

It's amazing to see reaction of the old fellows who served when they get on to a functioning boat, ship, vehicle or aircraft that they served in/on during their military service. There are very few WWII vets left and my contemporaries who served in Vietnam are dwindling. My older brother did two tours in Vietnam and he's a 65 year old Green Beret who still can't talk about some of the things he did and places he went. I tried twice to join but was rejected for medical reasons but I did get to do a very small part for the SDI (Star Wars) project back in the 80's and I saw some of those old WWII locations out in the Pacific first hand. ^_^
TDD

Amazing how long those boats are. I'd like to see one.
Greg
The Daring Dufas wrote:

How about me that choked up so much when boarding my old ship that I couldn't speak to the guy welcoming me aboard? It was 47 years after I left her.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 4/13/2013 8:25 PM, willshak wrote:

Both my parents are buried at Arlington National Cemetery because they both served in The Army during WWII. My paternal great uncle was career Army serving in The Signal Corps during WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I joked that he served when The Signal Corps used two tin cans and a string for a telephone. Of course my older brother served in The Army during the war in Vietnam. I sort of wonder how my brother would react to a ride in a Huey today? Anyway, welcome back sailor, thank you for being one of the defenders of our freedom. ^_^
TDD