OT Interesting remark.

-- "The danger to America is not George W Bush, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of a George W Bush presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. George W Bush, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a George W Bush. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."
-- Author Unknown
On 12/7/2010 4:11 AM, harry wrote:

Harry! George W. Bush is not The President of The United States anymore! You can crawl out from under your rock, it's safe for now. :-)
TDD

Sarah Palin is talking like she is going to run. Isn't it about the same confederation of fools that would vote for her? I suppose the end of Rome was a lot like this.
Jeff

Palin. That's what worries the rest of the world.
BTW now the war in Afghanistan is coming to a close (ie another country the USA has completely f***d up) I see the new war is coming on nicely. ie Korea. All we need now is a Tonkin incident to kick things off.
Then a lot more American boys can go off to die. But that won't matter. You're rich arms manufacturers can get even richer. And the bankers. Got to keep the perpetual war going. (As1984)
I thought it was going to be Venezuela.