OT: Interesting Debt Comparisons

Yeah, it's obviously working real well. Tell that to the

10,000 dead and the city of Homs being shelled. The rebels in Libya got NATO airpower. In Syria, Obama can't even give words? And the really sad part is the liberal Obama loving media isn't even asking the questions I've raised.
Reply to
trader4

And now, we have four dollar gasoline, and unemployment through the roof. That, to me, is obviously the democrat agenda. Want four more years of it? I don't.

.

The Dems had control of both houses of Congress for two years and a filibuster proof Senate for most of that time. He obviously could get bills passed that the opposition was deadset against. Obamacare is proof of that. He also got his $800bil stimulus bill passed. So, sorry, but you can't blame the Republicans for what he did or didn't do with the economy.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just think what Obama could run gas up to, given another four years!

Reply to
krw

What the P.L.L.C.F. will never understand is the fact that the government can not make jobs, make gasoline or stimulate the economy. All the government can do is interfere with it all. If government will stop hindering business, the economy and price of goods and services will take care of themselves.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:jia35d$cmj$1 @dont-email.me:

Let's see. Unemployment is way up, wages are stagnant, banks aren't lending (using the risks that brought the recession as a figleaf), corporations are sitting on unprecedented hoards of cash, and you blame Obama.

Iran is threatening 20% of the oil supply and oil and gas prices skyrocket in advance of the Purim war, but it is all Obama's fault.

Reply to
Han

This is his problem, he promised to get us out of it, he didn't. So, yes it is his problem. Now if you want to discuss whether or not the American population gives the President more power over these things than he has, I'll be happy to participate (grin).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:KtudnXs1aJ6vfNXSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Lessee ... I want to do xyz, but you won't let me, so it is my problem? Yea ...

Reply to
Han

Obama is only one of over 500 morons in Washington D.C.who have caused the whole mess we're in by interfering and constantly meddling with laws, rules and regulations. Our Affirmative Action President can't mess things up all on his own, he needs the help of Congress to produce a proper cluster coitus. I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats are special, they horrify me. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Again, the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress for his first two years. They had a fillibuster proof Senate for the majority of that time. He did get what he wanted and rammed it through despite Republicans trying to block it. Two shining examples are Obamacare and the $830bil stimulus. That is what OBAMA chose to focus on and he got it. Everyone knows that an incoming president only has so much political capital to spend and those first years, especially the first one, are critical. After that, any president's ability to get things done greatly diminishes.

By comparison, how is it that Reagan got his economic plan and much of his overall agenda into place during his first term, while only marginally controlling one house, that being the Senate? And that plan was producing jobs at the rate of 400,000 a month at the equivalent point in time. So, sorry, but no excuses for Obama. And the only thing that Obama has asked for to help the economy is another govt spending stimulus, with no evidence that it's going to do any more good than the first and the country already broke.

Reply to
trader4

But they *want* to interfere. They *want* to run your life. After all, they know how you *should* live. ...while they live in their dachas.

Reply to
krw

Now you're getting it. Why would the spend the (free) money that Obama has loaned them when they don't know what next year (or 2014) will bring. Obama has terrorized them into doing nothing (well, they'll take that free money).

Absolutely it's his fault that they're still in the game!

Reply to
krw

BeeHO gonna use dat tricked out super bling Air Force One as long as he can. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas
35d$cmj$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

Then since we're currently spending 40% MORE than under Bush, the economy should be really humming. Yet, here we are 3 years into Obama's economic plan and the economy is still just barely moving.

Back to the "anti-terrorist spending spree". Yes additional money was spent on defending the country after 911. We know you libs would just have sent Bin Laden a cake and called it a day. Yet with that spending, in 2007 we only had a deficit of $160bil and it had been steadily DECLINING. And yet right now, we're running a $1.6tril deficit and spending has jumped 40% since 2007. It's gone from $2.7tril to $3.7 tril. Unless you're gonna claim that the TSA materialized in 2008, as did the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, trying to pin out of control spending on 911 has no merit.

Paying for it? What rope are you smoking? We're not paying down the debt. The USA is borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent. Back in 2007, with the TSA and TWO wars, we were only borrowing 6 cents of every dollar.

Booms and busts have occured and will continue to occur throughout history. If the govt is so smart at preventing them, where was Barney Frank and his committee that had oversight on Fannie and Freddie? He proclaimed them basicly OK just weeks before they collapsed. I guess he has a big hard-on, eh?

Reply to
trader4

Gunna roll the odometer on that thing, he is.

Reply to
krw