OT: Interesting Debt Comparisons

Page 6 of 6
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:43:19 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"
<snip>

I want to know, is Han a tax evader, like is buddy Warren?

Indeed, the same, legal, kind. Just following IRS rules, most recently according to Turbotax.
--
Best regards
Han

Want to revise that?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/29/warren-buffett-taxes-berkshire-hathaway_n_941099.html
You're, of course, wrong about Warren but you've never been one to let the facts get in the way of your opinions (typical for a lefty).

Maybe there was a typo somwewhere, but I thought you called Warren a tax evader, and if so, I'm the same, using the rules for submitting my tax return. If following the rules for a tax return is typical for a lefty, thanks for the compliment. Don't know what that makes you, but I'm sure to hear back from you.
--
Best regards
Han

None of you lefties know how to read for shit. Simply amazing.

The same as Buffet? Really? You mean a total hypocrite? Fighting the IRS for years over $1bil in taxes they claim is owed, while at the same time seeking to raise taxes on everyone else?

I don't have the details on Buffet. I just know that what I'm doing is legal, AFAIK.
--
Best regards
Han

That's falsifying by statistics. With state and local taxes, plus payroll taxes added, that changes, and I'm sorry, I don't have the numbers.
--
Best regards
Han

Not at all, since this is all national level discussion and thus talking about federal taxes. If you look at them (even including the fed payroll and excise taxes), there isn't all that much difference. The main reason for this is that the tax credits do their job and offset much of these taxes paid by our lowest tax payers. Just adding in SS and MCare taxes, the lowest quintile STILL pays negative income taxes.

Unbelievable. In other words, we shouldn't confuse you with the facts, eh? That's the problem with liberals, it's never about the facts, it's just emotion and the way it should be.

It is 150%, and that was a typo as you can see from my other posts and the context.
Han wrote:

Huh? We don't HAVE poor houses.

Yep. You propose turning the U.S. into an European economic model.
I agree that taxes should be increased - those at the low end should pay something! In other words, virtually nobody should pay zero. Conversely, those at the top should have their taxes reduced inasmuch as they use much fewer government services. (They don't send their kids to government schools or the county hospital, they don't use food stamps or need rent supplements, and so on.)

Great idea. Prescription for labor unrest (and not only manual labor, but practically everyine "earning" less than $200,000/yr). If you up the taxes on them, they either can't live, or will need to demand doubling their wages. Not only to make up for the taxes they have to pay but also for the increased cost of everything that involves any kind of human labor. If you've ever seen an inflationary spiral, it would be nothing compared to that. I don't think "free enterprise" can generate more dissension that what you propose. And I'm leaving out the trade consequences. Either we would have to devalue the dollar even more and faster than it has devalued in the recent past, or we wouldn't be ble to sell anything abroad anymore because of the increased costs in making it.
--
Best regards
Han

Heybub is talking about those in the 50% that are paying NO income tax. So, you're not going to have unrest with those that are earning $200,000, $100,000, $75,000. They are already paying taxes.
And he's right/ If you want tax fairness and the above folks are all paying, then most of those below them should be paying SOMETHING too. I don't think Heybub or anyone else is proposing and drastic tax. But would it kill someone making $25,000 to pay $500? That way they have skin in the game, just like the rest of us. Without it, the 50% become the folks who just want more govt spending because it never comes out of their pockets.
Not only to make up for the taxes they have to pay but also

Inflationary spirals are only produced by govts printing money recklessly. Kind of what the FED is doing now. And if you believe it's gonna cause an inflationary spiral, why are you the one arguing for tax increases? Apparently your tax increases don't have negative effects on prices, investment, etc.

None of that has anything to do with devaluing the dollar. It's being devalued currently because the FED is printing money and flooding the markets with dollars. A lot of that newly printed money is being used to buy, you guessed it, US Debt.