OT: Interesting Debt Comparisons

Page 4 of 6

This is the biggest problem I have with the system. You are making physician's their patient's keepers. I would reward the physicans for trying, documenting their attempts to get their patients do what they need to. But given the large component of not being able to make the horse drink that has consistently shown up in the literature, I don't think it is fair or even possible to hold the doc responsible for someone else's behavior. There is ample evidence that docs will just toss many of their of the less than complaint patients overboard if the financial pain becomes too acute. Unless you have all the docs working for the government, you will ALWAYS have that problem.

As do the docs. But you aren't going to cut the plumber's pay if their customer's kids insist in putting nasty things in the toilet, or (as in my case) falling hair plugs up the sink.

This is particularly true since any system will reach whatever equilibrium you tell it to. In this case, doctors will simply refuse to see at-risk patients, which will have the opposite of the desired effect. Lefties don't understand dynamic systems and refuse to acknowledge unintended consequences.

No, in a free market, they're paid *more* for taking the difficult jobs. Not in the left's universe, though.

Most people like cars and pork chops too. Doesn't mean that they think the govt should be handing those out, forcing people to buy them, or making religous institutions hand them out and pay for them. Polls have shown most people don't like Obamacare, the Republicans are all committed to repealing it, and that is the only involvement with birth control that is making it an issue.

Can you show us a single govt program that cost less than was forecasted? Medicare today is costing many times the highest projections at the time it was passed. As for increased costs of Medicare, don't you know that Obamacare was passed partly on the basis that if was going to be funded partly by CUTTING Medicare by $500bil? That was allegedly going to come from getting rid of waste and fraud. That's right, Obama justified a new govt program by pointing to the waste and fraud that's out of control in an existing program. Strange how liberal minds work.

This chart says you're wrong:
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/inflation_rate/gasoline_inflation.asp
It's currently higher than ever before, except perhaps the very beginning of the chart, circa 1917.

They would have seen a pickup a long time ago had Obama done just a few things right. And the recovery and growth will be slower until the correct policies are put into place.

Why is it difficult for Obama to do in Syria exactly what he did less than a year ago in Libya? I can tell you. In the case of Libya, he had Europe telling him what to do and taking the lead. And Europe only gave a damn because of their oil interests in Libya. He was even proud of it at the time, calling it "Leading from behind...."

You miss the whole point. The wrong guy already has the upper hand in Syria. Unlike Khadafi, he currently IS a sponsor of state terrorism. Syria is on the list of state sponsors of terror. We don't know for sure that what follows will be any better any more so than in Libya. We do know though that Syria's behavior has been far worse than Libya. And being right next to Iran, toppling that SOB could lead to an uprising in Iran solving that problem before it results in a real war.
and I am

Obviously you didn't read what I posted. I would be taking the approach Obama took with Libya with Syria right now. That means arming the opposition, getting a coalition to take out Assad, the govt, and military with air strikes. I would be speaking out to the rebels and the world, championing freedom and encouraging them. I would not send ground troops.
Funny how liberals claim to be all for human rights. Yet when a dictator in Syria is committing terrorism they instead recognize them by opening an embassy there and refuse to act while they massacre 10,000 people who are just protesting in the streets.

Lies have made people think they don't like Obamacare. Now try to take away what is already in effect and liked.
--
Best regards
Han

I'm glad that you agree there is waste and fraud. Now let's get rid of it.

Seems a non-sequitur. You are not a liberal. Hence you want to keep fraud and waste????
--
Best regards
Han

That's a different chart than I remembered from when gas was last in the $4/gal range. Question: Has the chart also been adjusted for gas and sales taxes?? In some locales, gas prices go up exponentially because the tax is at least partially a sales tax, i.e. a % of the net cost. That would distort things, right? Anyway, here around the corner from the train station, Gulf regular is $3.559/gal, cash or charge.
--
Best regards
Han

Obama could/should have done some things differently and sooner. Perhaps the efforts of the not so loyal opposition has something to do with that, since the Boehner and Teaparty "people" seem just intent of deranging the economy to gain an election advantage. And that will backfire on them.
--
Best regards
Han

The Dems had control of both houses of Congress for two years and a filibuster proof Senate for most of that time. He obviously could get bills passed that the opposition was deadset against. Obamacare is proof of that. He also got his $800bil stimulus bill passed. So, sorry, but you can't blame the Republicans for what he did or didn't do with the economy.
And now, we have four dollar gasoline, and unemployment through the roof. That, to me, is obviously the democrat agenda. Want four more years of it? I don't.
The Dems had control of both houses of Congress for two years and a filibuster proof Senate for most of that time. He obviously could get bills passed that the opposition was deadset against. Obamacare is proof of that. He also got his $800bil stimulus bill passed. So, sorry, but you can't blame the Republicans for what he did or didn't do with the economy.
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:29:00 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Just think what Obama could run gas up to, given another four years!
On 2/24/2012 11:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

What the P.L.L.C.F. will never understand is the fact that the government can not make jobs, make gasoline or stimulate the economy. All the government can do is interfere with it all. If government will stop hindering business, the economy and price of goods and services will take care of themselves.
TDD

Let's see. Unemployment is way up, wages are stagnant, banks aren't lending (using the risks that brought the recession as a figleaf), corporations are sitting on unprecedented hoards of cash, and you blame Obama.
Iran is threatening 20% of the oil supply and oil and gas prices skyrocket in advance of the Purim war, but it is all Obama's fault.
--
Best regards
Han

yes it is his problem. Now if you want to discuss whether or not the American population gives the President more power over these things than he has, I'll be happy to participate (grin).

Lessee ... I want to do xyz, but you won't let me, so it is my problem? Yea ...
--
Best regards
Han

Again, the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress for his first two years. They had a fillibuster proof Senate for the majority of that time. He did get what he wanted and rammed it through despite Republicans trying to block it. Two shining examples are Obamacare and the $830bil stimulus. That is what OBAMA chose to focus on and he got it. Everyone knows that an incoming president only has so much political capital to spend and those first years, especially the first one, are critical. After that, any president's ability to get things done greatly diminishes.
By comparison, how is it that Reagan got his economic plan and much of his overall agenda into place during his first term, while only marginally controlling one house, that being the Senate? And that plan was producing jobs at the rate of 400,000 a month at the equivalent point in time. So, sorry, but no excuses for Obama. And the only thing that Obama has asked for to help the economy is another govt spending stimulus, with no evidence that it's going to do any more good than the first and the country already broke.
On 2/25/2012 7:05 AM, Han wrote:

Obama is only one of over 500 morons in Washington D.C.who have caused the whole mess we're in by interfering and constantly meddling with laws, rules and regulations. Our Affirmative Action President can't mess things up all on his own, he needs the help of Congress to produce a proper cluster coitus. I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats are special, they horrify me. ^_^
TDD

Now you're getting it. Why would the spend the (free) money that Obama has loaned them when they don't know what next year (or 2014) will bring. Obama has terrorized them into doing nothing (well, they'll take that free money).

Absolutely it's his fault that they're still in the game!
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 01:38:20 -0600, The Daring Dufas

But they *want* to interfere. They *want* to run your life. After all, they know how you *should* live. ...while they live in their dachas.
On 2/25/2012 9:52 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

BeeHO gonna use dat tricked out super bling Air Force One as long as he can. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:36:20 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Gunna roll the odometer on that thing, he is.