OT, Instant Karma

I wish I had been there to see it. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That was just so satisfying to watch.

Reminded me of a time a little red sports car made a high-speed pass on a residential street in my neighborhood. Immediately after cutting back in front of a higher-profile car, he smashed through the flasher barricades and dropped into a huge crevasse in the road where the pavement and underlayment had been removed. He was trapped two feet below road grade and sat there until a tow truck arrived to winch him out. It was like an automotive version of being placed in the stocks - him trapped there and all the neighbors standing around jeering at him.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

Too bad. The driver, rushing his six-year old son with a screw-driver firmly imbedded in the child's skull, had to watch the son's death on the side of the road.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:v_ydnXtfW61keOvNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Perhaps he shuldn't have put that screwdriver there. (Btw, where did you find that piece of info?) Sometimes (not always), ambulances are better for emergencies ...

Reply to
Han

It's a hypothetical situation. Could have just as easily been...

The driver, rushing his VERY pregnant wife to the hospital, had to deliver the baby in the car then watched helplessly as his wife bled to death from internal bleeding due to complications from the birth.

Still not an excuse to drive like a maniac and/or not pay attention. No point in rushing if you kill yourself on the way to the hospital.

Reply to
dennisgauge

baby in the car then watched helplessly as his wife bled to death from internal bleeding due to complications from the birth.

in rushing if you kill yourself on the way to the hospital.

I suspect the video was staged. Momentum should have taken him much further.

Reply to
Frank

Good one! Glad someone caught it on video.

.

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or, the driver was a selfish jerk who got what he deserved?

.

It's a hypothetical situation. Could have just as easily been...

The driver, rushing his VERY pregnant wife to the hospital, had to deliver the baby in the car then watched helplessly as his wife bled to death from internal bleeding due to complications from the birth.

Still not an excuse to drive like a maniac and/or not pay attention. No point in rushing if you kill yourself on the way to the hospital.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

in rushing if you kill yourself on the way to the hospital.

What was his exact speed at time of impact? Apparently you've already done the math using the time stamp and calculating how long his brakes were applied.

[here's the link again- for anyone that missed it
]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

point in rushing if you kill yourself on the way to the hospital.

What made me laugh harder was seeing the backup lights come on. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

point in rushing if you kill yourself on the way to the hospital.

I was expecting him to fall off the shoulder, so when his car went up, I thought that almost happened. Thanks for the link again, I watched again and saw what really happened. LOL

Reply to
micky