OT: Inflatable air mattresses

I've been looking for a reliable/comfortable inflatable mattress (twin or a little larger like double size - queen/king would be too big) that has a built-in air pump that I can use when company comes to visit. I've looked at various review sites, but it seems like they all have their own choices that they'd pick as most reliable/comfortable mattress. The prices are all over the place, too.

I've found a couple that are possibilities, but one doesn't come with a pump and I've read reviews where people had trouble finding pumps that fit the valves. I'd rather not say which mattresses I've found, so I can see if anyone here can recommend something they've actually used that was reliable, comfortable, and had an air pump built-in.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Muggles

My vacuum cleaner has a way to hook the air exhaust to the hose instead of the intake. It can fill my air mattresses in about 2 or 3 seconds. You do not need a 'proper' connection, just place the end of the hose against the hole.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

I have a few tall, queen size made by Intex. They come in a number of sizes and styles.

Finding a separate pump that fit has never been a problems. I have AC powered, battery powered and 12V powered pumps. Most of them come with adapters and I don't recall ever having a problem matching an adapter to a mattress. Here's just one example of the adapters, I'm not recommending the pump. Coleman is good, but pricey. Look around.

I had one airbed with a built-in pump. When the mattress got a hole in it that was too big to fix (ripped seam) I had to toss the entire set-up, mattress and pump. Now I have a few mattresses and separate pumps that can be used for other purposes. If anything fails, I replace the failed unit, not the whole system.

The Intex mattresses have a one-way valve so you can remove the pump then close the valve without losing any air. You can also remove the the entire valve for quick air release and then use the pump to suck them empty so that they fold up as small as possible.

Do your guests a favor and get "tall" mattresses. Something they can sit on as they try to get in and out of bed.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

1) Get one with a pump

2) Don't cheap out. The first one I bought was cheap and it only lasted twice. Next time a bought a better one...it still was not a fortune.

Reply to
philo

I was looking at something like this one:

or even this one:

Neither comes with a pump. The second one might be more portable, though.

Reply to
Muggles

I posted this in response to Mike Duffy, but will put it here so you won't have to go look for it:

I was looking at something like this one:

or even this one:

Neither comes with a pump. The second one might be more portable, though.

I like the looks of both of them, and the prices are reasonable. I may purchase both of them and test them out and see which one is more comfy. The smaller one might be OK if my grand kids want to spend the night.

Reply to
Muggles

Did the second one you bought last?

Reply to
Muggles

yes it did

It's up in the attic so I don't recall the brand for sure...but believe it was this one

The first one I bought was about half the price and obviously a waste of money

Reply to
philo

Curious, I saw a ton of choices on Amazon. Whenever you get hundreds of reviews, I think you can trust them. For example I was thinking of getting a My Pillow but reviews stunk so I didn't.

Reply to
Frank

The Twin-18 looks the Queens that I have. Very comfortable, especially when blown up very firm.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

le+air+mattress

That is nice!