OT: Indy Car Steering Wheel, Electrical Connection

Page 2 of 2
On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 7:24:18 PM UTC-5, Mr.Emann wrote:

Must you be spoon fed everything?
Here's a version showing the wiring on both sides and an explanation of how to install it. Note the lack of a clock spring.
The following URL:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/steering-wheel-bosses-accessories/spa-design-pre-wired-quick-release-steering-wheel-boss
has a length of 129 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/q7h3mvf
On 11/13/2015 6:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Where in that does it describe *how* the internal electrical connection is made? Is it brushes and slip rings or a clock spring? The device itself could be a clock-spring.
On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 8:02:11 PM UTC-5, Mr.Emann wrote:

5th line down in the text of the description tab. Your welcome.

Neither.

Only if you spell 'clock spring' with an L and an E and an M and an O.
Look it up. You've doubted everything I've looked up for you so far, so I won't bother explaining what those four little letters spell.
Oren posted for all of us...

Yeah, pull the quick disconnect.
--
Tekkie

airwaves.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

with today's high tech cars. I just installed remote starter on our new Subaru. 7 wires to connect. Removing the dash panel and steering wheel covers without snapping the plastic tabs was most carefully done part. I downloaded wiring colors for the car, flashed brain module blade, set the option bits I want. Pros do this job in 2 hours. Took me shy of 3 hours. All functions work fine. In old days with analog wiring was like spagetti noodle strewn around under dash. So many wires and few relays, all that. I can program this thing with my remote fob or hand held programmer connected to antenna cable. Just disconnect it from antenna. connect it to the programmer. I can even read battery voltage, engine temp. with fob.

How do you use a paddle shifter on a kayak? My new car has one but I haven't found a use for it.
--
Tekkie